• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Did Haiti make a deal with the devil?

SFG75

Boy was I mistaken!! I thought colonialism and political corruption were the main reasons as to why Haiti has suffered so much. I guess I was wrong.:whistling:

" And, you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, "We will serve you if you will get us free from the French." True story. And so, the devil said, "OK, it's a deal."

Is there any tragedy Pat Robertson won't exploit? | Media Matters for America

I knew the French were to blame for something.

At first when he said this, I was in a sort of bewildered state, but then I remembered who he was and it didn't matter as much anymore. It's still pretty sad that there are people who think he has a point.

You'd think that people who make deals with the devil are living very extravagant lives while here on earth. You know... wealthy and enjoying the pleasures of flesh to every extent. Not wallowing in abject misery and squalor.

I wonder Mr Robertson.. who here might be more guilty of a pact with the devil, Haiti or you?

I like the implication that slaves who object to being slaves (which of course is the relationship they had to the French at the time) are doing Satan's work. Then again, given that he can't tell the difference between Napoleon Bonaparte and Napoleon III, it's quite possible that he doesn't know anything at all about Haiti and its history; he's just using it as just another cookie-cutter reason to point out that his God will kill anyone for anything Pat Robertson dislikes.

Whats more problematic? One lunatic or the media that lets him get plenty of airtime, and the people that actually listen to what he says.

I want to see the signed contract so I can see what Satan's handwriting looks like. One doesn't have to look too far back in time to find 'skeletons' in the closet of any nation on the planet. It seems weird to me that Robertson chose to throw this remark into his appeal for aid (money) to help Haitian earthquake victims. Considering the large number of Haitian Christians,and the vast number of Christian relief organizations in place in Haiti, it seems odd to me that he didn't use the approach of 'let's help our brothers and sisters in Christ, who are suffering as they try to minister to their neighbors in this tragedy'. I think he blew it big time.

I'd say that implying that people in desperate need of disaster aid have only themselves to blame for worshipping Satan is a tad more than "blowing it." "Blowing it" implies that you were trying to help in the first place.

I'd say that implying that people in desperate need of disaster aid have only themselves to blame for worshipping Satan is a tad more than "blowing it." "Blowing it" implies that you were trying to help in the first place.

True, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt..he didn't sound like he was gloating in the clip I saw. He didn't need to make that remark at all. To me, he was shooting himself in the foot. If he was trying to raise sympathy/support for helping the Haitian people, he did a lousy job.

Haitian Ambassador Responds To Robertson | TPM LiveWire

The Haitian ambassador to the United States, Raymond Joseph, appeared on Rachel Maddow last night and responded to televangelist Pat Robertson's comments that Haiti had made a "pact to the devil."

Robertson had contended that the Haitians had made a deal with the devil in order to overthrow the French in 1804.

Joseph responded that that "pact" lead to the Louisiana Purchase.

"So what pact the Haitian made with the devil has helped the United States become what it is," he said.

Well, given some of ol' Pat's statements on 9/11, Hurricane Katrina etc, he'd probably agree with that.

Tee hee.

Minneapolis Star-Tribune, January 21, 2010

Dear Pat Robertson,
I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action. But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher.

The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished. Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake.

Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"? If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll.

You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.

Best, Satan

^^^I'm so thankful I finished my coffee while harvesting wheat on fb...I'd hate to have to explain to Mr. Abc about the coffee stains on the monitor:whistling::lol::whistling:

Venezuela thinks it's because of American earthquake machines that are on ships near the shore of Haiti and Venezuela that caused it.

Venezuela thinks it's because of American earthquake machines that are on ships near the shore of Haiti and Venezuela that caused it.

No. Venezuela knows it was our earthquake machine. Watch out North Korea and Iran, you're next!

ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z174_shoeman121_its_a_conspiracy.jpg

Dear Pat Robertson,

I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action. But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher.

The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished. Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake.

Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"? If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll.

You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.

Best, Satan
:lol:

Back