• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Did you ever throw a book across the room?

abecedarian said:
Um, should we stand a little further back? I mean, he's not one of those guys who spits when he's mad is he? ;)

*hurrying off to get the popcorn while waiting with glee to see Stewart's response*

Will we need umbrellas?

SFG75 said:
I never heard of it....what is it again?..........:p

you ARE pulling my weg, as my 6 year old would say..right!?! I can't believe Ron Howard would stoop so low..losing his hair must have affected his mind.

Violanthe said:
Or want to?

David Baldacci's Split Second. If you've endured it, you know the moment. The only thing that kept me from pitching it into the fireplace was the presence of a couple of my kids who would not have understood.
The single dumbest attempt at a "shocking twist" I have ever encountered.

I have never thrown a book across the room and never had the urge to do so. If the book is bad I simply put it down, and at this time of year, turn on ACC Basketball to enjoy. :)

There's been a couple that made me question my reading skills..then when I re-read the offending scenes and tried to locate the missing clues, or one case, the missing hero, I realized that the authors were the ones who forgot their meds that day. What I'm still trying to figure out is where were the editors? If a poor uneducated housewife from Kansas can spot such glaring snafus, why couldn't these over-paid professionals do it?

Oh, the two books I'm talking about are Firestorm-Nevada Barr and Queen Bee of Mimosa Branch by Haywood Smith..in the first book, Anna Pigeon is part of a team fighting a raging forest fire, and the murder victim's body and crime scene, which was carefully protected up to almost the end, suddenly becomes a non issue as AP solves the crime. In the second book, the heroine and hero get together finally at the end, then she has second thoughts and he storms out just before the end of the book..and never is mentioned again.The fight was at least two chapters before the end of the book. Looks like the author could have spared a few words to let the reader know how this guy she'd built up as so wonderful was faring as the story ended..

CDA said:
Who were you trying to hit?

I like to get a little wild with my man - wrestle, etc. It's all in fun. I don't lob books. When he's chasing me around the house it's more of a delay tactic than anything else.

;)

I wanted to toss every book I tried to read by Anne Rice... half were on loan to me from a friend and the other half I got through the library. I tried to get into what everyone was so crazy about, but I found it dull to be honest.

uggghhhhh!!!!!!! definitely A Density of Souls by Christopher Rice (Anne Rice's son). The book was horrible, no good storyline or good characters or explanation of events. In part of the story, some kid falls out of the car and dies. Then life went on. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

The worst thing I've ever done to a book is leave a H/C too close to the edge of the bench and bang... down it fell.

I remember burning all my text books when I left school. This was in 1982, back when I was a retard.

I do recall now throwing a book once, but I was just trying to help out! I was quite little and I saw a bee on the window. I wanted to squash it to save Mum or Dad doing the job, but I didn't want to get anywhere near it, so I threw a HC at it. Turns out it wasn't the best idea :eek:

Geenh said:
The worst thing I've ever done to a book is leave a H/C too close to the edge of the bench and bang... down it fell.
:eek: You monster!

I threw away a library book once. The story was great, and I felt terrible for doing so, but I didn't think the librarians would want it back. I'd been reading to the kids, and my 2nd dd was sitting on the arm of the sofa looking over my shoulder. Suddenly, she threw up all over my lap. Miss Nelson hasaField Day
was no longer fit for public usage:eek: I didn't think about the library wanting the icky book, so I threw it away and told them about it when I took the others back. They were mad at me for not bringing them the evidence:rolleyes:

Geenh said:

:eek:Was is a high bench? On concrete or grass?

I threw a book at my ex husband once, It was a giant Stephen King H/C, I don't remember which title...Insomnia, or Needful Things...I think. Fortunately for him I missed, I followed that with a bottle of Tide, he ducked that one too, drunks can be so agile.

I dropped Dark Tower H/C when I was reading it, some unexpected thing happened that actually startled me and made me drop the book in fright.

If I must get more in depth on the circumstances... it was on the bench (counter in the US) in the toilet area....

I'll let you figure the rest out.

The only book I have ever felt was throw across the room bad was The Perfect Strom by Junger. I felt that it skipped around way to much! He would write three to four paragraph's about a sailor's experiance's at sea and then connect it to the main charcters of the book by writing lines like " ... and that was what it must have been like on the Andrea Gail" I just thought it was poorly put together and only finished it because I had a bet going on with my Wife!!:rolleyes:

I have only ever thrown one book across the room, and then into the bin: Oni - I read the first page, saw how sick it was, then I taught it how to fly.

I think that library books are un-throwable, I just take them back. If I've bought a book that stinks, I'll throw it, because I'm mad at myself that I spent money on it.

Oh, how I wish I had kept this one book that was so bad (typos or other errors on nearly every page) instead of throwing it out! I can't remember the title or author.

Back