• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Disturbing Films

there was a really crazy one with my favorite actor norman reedus thats part of the masters of horror series called "cigarette burns"... "la fin absolut de mond" the absolute end of the world... that one is CRAZY

there was a really crazy one with my favorite actor norman reedus thats part of the masters of horror series called "cigarette burns"... "la fin absolut de mond" the absolute end of the world... that one is CRAZY

Cigarette Burns was excellent - one of the best things John Carpenter has done in years - but it was more or less a rip-off of his earlier In The Mouth Of Madness, which is pretty darn unsettling too.

oh man but sam niell is fantastic in that but its based off a book instead of a movie right? i didnt know john carpenter had done it and i LOOVE that movie.. i thought "cigarette burns" was so well edited too with the concept of the cigarette burn too ... what did u think of normans performance if i may ask? he is the main character next to udo kier... i own every movie norman has been in .. even the small no line roles haha

I must have thought he was good since I liked the whole thing, but I can't say he left any lasting impression, sorry.

Speaking of Carpenter and disturbing, I recently watched The Thing with a group of friends. When they get to the bit with the... um, ribcage with teeth... one of the girls screamed, buried her face in a pillow and yelled "WHY? WHY? WHY WOULD HE [meaning Carpenter] DO THAT?!?" :D

oddly thats what a lot of people say about norman... they will have seen gossip, deuces wild, blade 2, and boondock saints but wont remember him or his character... which sucks i suppose but i still think hes fantastic...

i havent seen the thing-- whats with the rib cage with teeth? what? ^_-

i havent seen the thing-- whats with the rib cage with teeth? what? ^_-

You should see it. But within spoiler tags:

The "thing" in the title is an alien that spreads like a virus, and those who get infected turn into monsters but can still look human. At one point, one of them (whom nobody knows is infected) appears to die. The doctor is frantically giving him CPR, trying to save his life - and just as he presses down on the guy's chest, it suddenly opens up into a gaping mouth full of sharp teeth that crunch down on the doctor's arms and cut them off at the elbow. Ewww.

Back