• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you buy, borrow or take out from the library?

Do you buy your books or borrow them from the library?

• Buy from the Bookstore

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Borrow from the Library

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Both

Votes: 31 42.5%

• Total voters
I've discovered several new writers while just browsing around my library,and the time limit's never put me off,and at the same time I've ordered books online on the strength of browsing and reviews on Amazon/Alibris etc. Yeah,there's something about crisp new books,but also about worn,well-handled books too!:)

The library is the place for me, if i dont like the book and dont want to finish it, i take it back and im out nothing. I also have discovered lots of authors there that i have tried and liked alot(Richard Laymon) being one. The Library system here is linked to 8 librarys and they transport a book for you in about 1 day, lots to choose from. Although i have been know to by book lots on Ebay, what i dont like i donate:)

When my husband and I were DINKs we bought a lot of books and our house is now chock-a-block full of them.

Since becoming a mum of twins, I don't work full time anymore and therefore don't have as much dosh to buy lovely new books.

I now work part-time at the local library, however, and so borrow tons of books. One of the perks is that we get first dibs from the withdrawn stock :eek:)

Always buy. I like having the books in my house for as long as I want and to know they're within my grasp whenever I fancy reading them again.

For personal keeps, I buy them from Amazon since they have EVERYTHING.
2.gif
Very rarely go to the library these days although there are probably tons of hidden treasures there.

theres a mixture - amazon is like buying withour psending real money, they have made it SO easy that you feel it is free! But mostly take out from the lib - i have a high turnover!

For personal keeps, I buy them from Amazon since they have EVERYTHING.
2.gif
Very rarely go to the library these days although there are probably tons of hidden treasures there.

you should go to the library! it's the best thing finding a jem of a book while you browse

i mostly buy the books i want unless i am not sure if i will like it, then i will get it from the library. but most of the time even if i am not sure if i will like it i still buy it...and if its not good i turn it into the bookstore for store credit. ^_^

I buy all my books from Amazon. I don't like borrowing, because I love to add to my collection, which my husband thinks is a waste of space. Not so much of a waste when you need something to read, now is it? *lol*

I buy all my books from Amazon. I don't like borrowing, because I love to add to my collection, which my husband thinks is a waste of space. Not so much of a waste when you need something to read, now is it? *lol*

Just smile and tell him you're adding to the R-value of walls ;)

I was really good at borrowing from the Library once upon a time but since I work full time and have two kids (which means I also run a chauffer service) I've been buying. It sometimes takes me a while to get through a book, especially a thick one.

Thats okay though! I recently was at a co-workers house and she was showing me her recent renovations which included a basement turned into a home theater room which was floor to ceiling, wall to wall book shelves full of books of every type you could ever want. I could have swooned. I have decided that I want one of those rooms someday, sans home theater. What an awesome room!

I'm rethinking the whole kindle thing as a result.

Approximately 80% of books I burrowed from the library and 20% I buy it from the bookstores (usually from Amazon) I live in New Zealand and somehow the same book are cheaper to buy from USA compare to the local bookstore. Quite silly if you ask me. But I really enjoy burrowing books from library, its free and you get to have a wide variety of choices

Both, I'm looking forward to July when a big library in another community has their annual sale. I even took the day off of work so I oculd get the prime choice cuts...er...uh...books.

I tend to use bookstores more than libraries because I just have a harder time finding the books I want to read at libraries.

Buy, Borrow, or Both

I know a few people who only buy brand new books. Anyone here?

I buy some books, but not a whole lot. Mostly, I borrow from the library or go to a used book sale.

Back