• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

do you keep a book list?

phil_t said:
(sorry, couldnt resist ;))

A- Don't lie to me Phil, I know damn well you're not sorry.

B- I was expecting that a half hour ago. You're getting slow Papa :p

RaVeN

i keep a running list, i'm always updating. i give it to ppl when they ask me what i want for my birthday or christmas. sooooo many books i want!

I try..believe me I try to write TBR and books that I own list..But, I somehow tend to lose them in the process...lol...Well, I hope that I'll be able to actually make the list..once and for all :D

I keep record of the books I have read and of the books that are to be published in the near future. Otherwise I would so easily forget about them.
As for the books I want to buy, I plan to put them all on my Amazon wish list.

I tried to do this at the beginning of the new year. I kept a list in a stupid live journal thinggie. But I read so fast and I was always forgetting to go in and update it before I sent the books along. I stopped. I come to the conclusion that I actually do have a life. I have other more pressing matters to worry about....LMAO. :D

I keep three lists:

Books that I own
Books that I have read
Books that I own but haven't read (so a to read list that only encompasses my collection).

I'm so glad I found this site :) . All of my friends think I'm oh so sad for keeping a list.

magemanda said:
I'm so glad I found this site :) . All of my friends think I'm oh so sad for keeping a list.

I found this site yesterday and I couldn't agree with you more! But it's great to know we're not alone.... and I enjoy counting the books on my list and watching the numbers grow!

I keep lists of books too that I want etc but I usually find that my mental list kicks in when I walk into a book shop and don't need the paper list in my purse!

ThursdayNext

ThursdayNext said:
I keep lists of books too that I want etc but I usually find that my mental list kicks in when I walk into a book shop and don't need the paper list in my purse!

When I walk into a book shop lists fly out the window, and the urge to buy buy buy takes over. And usually wins. Really, how can you stick to a list when there's all those shelves packed with books whispering your name? Amazon has actually proved quite useful in that respect - much easier to be controlled when you have to search on the website rather than amble aimlessly round a shop.

I use a spread sheet for my list, It has four columns: Book Title, Author, Read, and Own. I just mark the books as I read them and as I own them. If I dont want to own the book I just put a mark signifying I dont want it. The spread sheet makes it really easy to add or take away entries and to keep it alphabetical order. And now on Sheet one I have my book list and I added a seperate sheet for the Lifetime Reading PLan thing. I recommend anyone to use a spread sheet to manage there list.

Freya said:
When I walk into a book shop lists fly out the window, and the urge to buy buy buy takes over. And usually wins. Really, how can you stick to a list when there's all those shelves packed with books whispering your name? Amazon has actually proved quite useful in that respect - much easier to be controlled when you have to search on the website rather than amble aimlessly round a shop.

Well I get round that problem easily... you see if there's a 'three books for the price of two' offer, I find one book that's on my list and of course it would be criminal not to take the opportunity of a free book so then I give myself licence to buy anything else I like the look of, which usually means leaving the shop with a bag full!! ;)

ThursdayNext

I always make a list-then loose it. :( I read Book Reviews in the paper and tell myself to remember that book-but forget.I guess I'm a wreck.A few times I've even found books that sounded good,bought them,and once I start reading,I'll remember I had read it years ago.If you've ever walked into "The Worlds Biggest Bookstore"in Toronto you may understand how the mind goes blank."So many books-so little time".You find a book but keep browsing-then find one better and put the other back and keep browsing...etc.etc.I'll end up spending the whole day and pull my hair out trying to decide which three or four books to buy.Then I tell myself that next time I'm in,I'll buy the others-but next time I've forgotten what they were...where they were...who wrote it.Too many books-too little time! :(

I keep a list of books that I've read on bibliophil.org, which someone else posted earlier. I keep a list of books 'TBR' (To Be Read) on excel. I also keep a mini list of books I REALLY want in my purse, so if I happen upon a bookstore, I can try and find one from my list.

I have a "Book of Books" which I carry around. It has every book I own in it by author. That way, I don't double buy which can happen with someone like Lawrence Block where I've read many more than I own!

Ever since I was little, I've always written down a list of books I want to/should read... then, when I started working at Barnes & Noble I started writing down ISBNs (to remember I want a specific edition of a particular book)... and these lists were everywhere! Just last month, I bought a journal, found the millions of lists I have and entered them all into the journal to keep myself organized. (ha ha, I found lists that were like 5 years old)

Looking at all these posts from all you organised people, I am feeling guilty for not keeping a list! :(
I have decided to make a list of lists of books!!
List of
-- list of books I have read.
-- list of books I have on the shelf, but havent read.
-- list of books I have on the shelf, which I have read.
-- list of books I want to read.
-- list of books I want as a gift ;)

The last one will be very helpful I am sure ;)

I agree Sanyuja - the list of books you want as a gift can be quite handy. I always write one around Christmas time, even though most people don't get the hint.

Back