• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

do you keep track of the books you read?

I am having a hard time with the one I am reading now,the story is unfolding too slow and it's becoming annoying.

It's OK. My 2009 reading has been going abysmally slow. I blame the weather.
The weather where I live is insane. Freezing cold one day and almost like spring the next... It's no wonder that everyone gets sick all of the time, haha!

I knew because of my busy workload at the university that I wouldn't have as much time to read as I normally do (unless I go into hyperactive mode during the freedom of summer), so I made my goal be 50 books this year. I've only read five books so far. I'm in the middle of three books right now so it's just a matter of whether I feel like romance, non-fiction, or a little Dickens in my free moments.

There's a great application on Facebook called the Visual Bookshelf. It's how I keep track of everything that I've ever read. Though, now that I think about it, I should probably keep a handwritten list also...because I'm a list maker...

Actually I don't keep track of the books I have read...I should aye, sometimes when people ask you the question ''what's the best read you have so far?'' I always went blank even though I know I have read a few really good ones but they don't really stick to the head for long if I don't keep a record of it. I think I should start to have that habit now

Book of books you've read?

I have a journal type book (that originally had blank pages) that I have written down every book I can recall reading. I think I started it right after high school. I have recently bought my 17 year old son one and he has started writing down his books. I write the title, author and the date I finished the book. Does anyone else have one of these books and how many titles do you have?

Hi,

I am fond of reading different kinds of books.I keep records of my books and my notebooks for further references.It helps in my studies....

Regards,
Jimclemmer

I figured there was another thread on this subject somewhere but did not know where to look. Thanks Libra! :D
Anytime. It wasn't an easy thing to search for, I just remembered seeing a thread on this topic in the past.

Are you still using the same journal? Or do you now have several? I wish I had done something like that when I was in high school (or even middle, elementary)...

Anytime. It wasn't an easy thing to search for, I just remembered seeing a thread on this topic in the past.

Are you still using the same journal? Or do you now have several? I wish I had done something like that when I was in high school (or even middle, elementary)...

I've seen a site with some guy's life reading list. He started with his first or second grade books..I wish I'd done something like that. The closet I've come to it, is the reconstructed list I made several years ago when I was bored. I have a book that has book lists of authors from a bygone era..the author wants to encourage parents and students to investigate those forgotten gems we sometimes see at estate sales. Anyway, I used that book, a few home school catalogs, and Amazon to see what jogged my memory. That notebook is around here..somewhere.

Took me a few minutes, but I found an Amazon link for this book, Who Then Should We Read by Jan Bloom. I understand there's now a second volume, so I may need to investigate and invest. I've met Jan Bloom and her husband at several home school conventions. Nice couple who LOVE books.

All very interesting things!!! I'd be interested in seeing this site on that guy's life reading list. If you find it, please share!

And that book you mentioned sounds interesting. Something I'll have to check out.

Thanks!

I've seen a site with some guy's life reading list. He started with his first or second grade books..I wish I'd done something like that. The closet I've come to it, is the reconstructed list I made several years ago when I was bored. I have a book that has book lists of authors from a bygone era..the author wants to encourage parents and students to investigate those forgotten gems we sometimes see at estate sales. Anyway, I used that book, a few home school catalogs, and Amazon to see what jogged my memory. That notebook is around here..somewhere.

Took me a few minutes, but I found an Amazon link for this book, Who Then Should We Read by Jan Bloom. I understand there's now a second volume, so I may need to investigate and invest. I've met Jan Bloom and her husband at several home school conventions. Nice couple who LOVE books.

Has anyone checked out Delicious Library?
delicious-monster.com

It's a pretty good that program (albeit a bit expensive) that allows you to scan the barcodes for your books, amongst other things, so you can have a visual shelf of your books. I find it pretty useful to keep track of where my books are, especially since I loan out a lot to my friends.

YOW!! Why is it so expensive? The only one I saw on Amazon was $103.00.

What??? I saw one for $10.75 or so..on a home school-friendly website.. I'll find it and post the link tomorrow. Try Abebooks in the meantime. Jan Bloom used to have a store with them, called Books'NBloom, or something like that.

Nevermind, here is the link.. I was wrong, the price here is $19.75
Who Should We Then Read? - Bloom, Jan

I'd still check with www.cheapbooks.com or www.abebooks.com first.

Back