• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

do you keep track of the books you read?

. . . . I so need to update my list. Ahhhhhhh, I'll have to click on my blog list and add a few.

I use to keep track of everything i read. I remember making a reading journal where i would write the book title, author, genre, pages and year of publication. I would then record the time i started reading and the time i stopped, then add up how many pages i read in that time frame. I would them sometimes write down my thoughts on where the book was leading and so on.

These days to keep track of what i'm reading, i have created a folder on my computer. In it there are sub folders separated into year, and within them sub folders separated into months. I then just save jpg's of the book covers into the month i read the book.

I'd be interested to see your full list too,or your favourite book from each year!

Years ago I did keep a list and highlighted my favourite each year. I actually stopped reading for almost two years,but began again last year and just jotted them down on a cheap notepad! I often have three or four books lined up to read,but deviate when maybe a friend recommends one or I see one in the library I fancy!

HI SHADFORTH

I'd love to share my db of my all reads w/you but it's too huge. I have 2585books listed it's 550 pages long and I'm still going strong. In the beginning I did keep a comments space but after about 5 years I gave that up.

HOw clever of you to highlight a favorite for each year ... I never thought to do that. ANd I too have had 'off' years when months went by and I was unable to read for oen reason or another.

What I did decide to do at teh end of the 1990s is to choose a color for the year and in my year, month, and # of book and hightlight that box. I bold the books I enjoy and don't bold the others.

Someone else posted a very elaborate and very in depth way of keeping his/her books ... more power to you my friend ... too complicated for me.

Oh and i have my db on a zip disk just in case.

Any other list makers?

GERBAM

I used to keep a book journal but now I just keep track on Facebook. They have a cool function called books iread where you can keep track.

Book Keeping!

Good for you ...

I began my book list in Jan. 1977 and it's still going strong and is very accurate. When I got my PC I made a database for it and that too is up to date and ALPHABETIZED!!!! :D :D

IMHO doing this is a real gift to ourselves.

I have my list also for the past 3 years, I also have another 40 that I think I wasted my time with in my teens like about 35 V.C ANDREWS .:(

I have self analyzed why I was drawn to her, I think I was hoping that my family really wasn't my family and somebody will come and take me away.(It's funny NOW) lol

Sure, I keep a list. I keep a list of what I've read, of books that I have that I haven't read, of books I'm thinking about buying, of books I've purchased but not yet received, lists of books in series...

I think the only list I don't have is a list of the books I actually own, since I usually give books to the library if I didn't like them enough to read again. I think I'll have to work on this list.

sharing

I just discovered goodreads.com and it looks a whole lot better than libraything.com. Now I can finally keep my list in proper order. :D

THANK YOU for mentioning GOODREADS.COM i just spent an hour there. Another similar site is SHELFARI.com.

It's nice to be able to share our finds. :)

I wish I would have written down the books I have read because there were alot of them I just can't remember most of them. I had alot of the David Eddings series involving the Blue Rose but I can't remember any of the books names or if I still have them. Anyway I recently bought a Mead Mini 5 star notebook that I carry around with me and I have placed a list of all the books I want to read and I am starting a section for the books I have read. It's always with me so if I journey into a bookstore I can just open it and read the list.

damn! i never even thought to keep track. To bad most my books i get from the library so i probably couldnt remember half of them.I do have a sheet of paper on my wall were i write book anmes im looking for then check them after i read it. so i guess thats kind of a unintentional list.

Do you keep track of the books you read?

I have a blog where I post the reviews of all books I read and thus automatically a track is kept. However, I don't follow the reviews of other readers and or the discussions, comments etc.

The hundreds of books that I read in my earlier years (before the advent of computers and before my becoming a reviewer), are now part of me, but I don't have a list or track of them.

I have a book that I keep my list for the year in :) It's something I've only just started but I'm really enjoying it! I like to see how many books I've read for discussion at university, and how many I've read for fun...the uni books are winning so far this year. Big time.

I have a book that I keep my list for the year in :) It's something I've only just started but I'm really enjoying it! I like to see how many books I've read for discussion at university, and how many I've read for fun...the uni books are winning so far this year. Big time.

College tends to do that. College killed recreational reading for me for a good 2-3 years after graduating.

I just started in the middle of last year and I really like keeping my reading organized. I also included notes on what I thought of the book so I can decide whether or not to read it again in the future. I also keep track of the ones that I liked enough to want to purchase. It's interesting to see how long it takes me to read a book these days.

I just discovered GoodReads.com and I have to say I'm a fan (mostly because you can see what your friends are reading and recommending). Check it out.

Back