• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fascinating scientific stuff

In the month of July of the year 2011 there will be:

5 Fridays
5 Saturdays
5 Sundays

This happens once every 823 years

^Yeah, just got that one via email too. I know, I know...."forward it to 5 friends and money will arrive, don't forward it and money will cease."

^Yeah, just got that one via email too. I know, I know...."forward it to 5 friends and money will arrive, don't forward it and money will cease."

I didn't get this by email, someone told me about it and I looked at the calendar to verify. I guess there is a chain email going around with this information?

The 823 years might be true for a particular month, but I am not bored enough to check. ;)

I guess there is a chain email going around with this information?

Yes. I still get that sort of thing sent to me by family members who still hold a child-like joy towards their email accounts of the novelty is far from wearing off.

Turns out rogue planets are really real!

Planets that have no stars: New class of planets discovered

University of Notre Dame astronomer David Bennett is co-author of a new paper describing the discovery of a new class of planets -- dark, isolated Jupiter-mass bodies floating alone in space, far from any host star. Bennett and the team of astronomers involved in the discovery believe that the planets were most likely ejected from developing planetary systems.

Not so much "fascinating scientific stuff" as "whoah, that's pretty cool" and "how did they do that?"

The pics in this article are pretty cool: Exclusive Area 51 Pictures: Secret Plane Crash Revealed

aimages.nationalgeographic.com_wpf_media_live_photos_000_358_o54ffb90cd8996fe5edfd6fbe3405dbd4.jpg

The Soviets unwittingly provided raw materials for the unprecedented plane. The A-12 was about 93 percent titanium, a material then unheard of for aircraft design. Most of the men who built the craft are still wondering today how that metal was secretly sourced from inside the U.S.S.R., according to the new documentary.

Another related article:
Revealed: How Area 51 Hid Secret Craft

Back