• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Quotes

i work on my actions, and ponder on my thoughts, but do nothing about my feelings. for they are in my heart, the place i cant go. claire hussin

If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me. - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

whoa i saw it all, i saw the sea, and god and all creatures ever made, and the skies, and oh the vasted dark, whoa i seen all.
the bible:

Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not. -- Nietzche

Dancing: The vertical expression of a horizontal desire legalized by music. -- Shaw

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. -- Asimov

Cheers, Martin

True@1stLight said:
Have you found those to be true? :rolleyes:

not in my personal case but I have been a witness to the second one while being in the Army and being a supervisor over a jail.

It matters not how straight the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

-W.E. Henley

To recognise untruth as a condition of life...a philosophy which endeavours to do so places itself, by that act alone, beyond good and evil.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

He who overcomes by force hath overcome but half his foe
-John Milton

Vast hordes of Groucho Marx funnies as well.

Oh, and this:

<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

Courtesy of

http://www.bash.org

By the time you swear you're his, shivering and sighing,
And he vowes his passion is infinite, undying
Lady, make a note of this: one of you is lying

-------By Dorothy Parker

...and it was at night, when i remebered god, by the shine of that full moon, i remebered my god.
rachel hogin

"You and me
We know about time
We know how things go
They come and go
They live and grow
They pass and go
And glow and glow
Up and down
High and low
Low low low
Low low low

I skipped the part about love
It seems so silly and low
I skipped the part about love
It seems so shallow and low
Low low low
Low low low"

REM "Low"

Never measure a mountain before you've reached the top. Then you'll see how low it was. - Dag Hammarskjold

"Savour the fruit of life my young friends, it has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine, but don't live too long, the taste turns bitter after a time..."

"The Past should be used as a spring board NOT a hammock"

"All animals are equal, but some of them are more equal."
George Orwell

Back