• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Quotes

These lyrics have been stuck in my head for a few days now, so maybe they're worthy of a post.

"There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go, no one may follow.
That path is for your steps alone."

There can be no quote threads without some Oscar Wilde classics:

When I had to fill in the immigration papers, I gave my age as 19, and my profession as genius; I added that I had nothing to declare except my talent.

I can resist everything except temptation.

Women can discover everything except the obvious.

Share your Quotes

Share quotes created by you? or you found interesting? and could be of anything...
Love, Life, books, Success, nature... etc.

Let me start.

You might know how to read, but more importantly, what's your plan to read?

We really know how to read but what's our plan to read? I felt quite edgy when first saw this quote. Because, I never plan on what should I read unless something requires me to. So what's my plan to read? I'm just planning to read anything to improve my english and to make use of my travelling time.

i got this from an author name Jim Rohn. A very good author. a friend lend me one of his book.

I was just looking at quotes today, it's time to change mine. I found one I like and believe is very true but scary too.

One day can make your life, one day can ruin your life. All life is, is four or five days that can change everything. Beverly D'onfrie Riding in Cars With Boys

Life is like a library owned by the author.
In it are a few books which he wrote himself,
but most of them were written for him.
-Harry Emerson Fosdick

"She upset Billy simply by being his mother. She made him feel embarassed and ungrateful and weak because she had gone to so much trouble to give him life, and to keep that life going, and Billy didn't really like life at all."

Slaugtherhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut

"There are three reasons why men of genius have long hair. One is, that they forget it is growing. The second is, that they like it. The third is, that it comes cheaper"

Israel Zangwill - The Big Bow Mystery

"As a youth one dreams of love, by the time one wakes, it's too late."

Sandra Gulland, the Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephie B.

“. . . but as soon as I get bored and come down the mountain I can’t for the life of me be anything but enraged, lost, partial, critical, mixed-up, scared, foolish, proud, sneering shit shit shit . . .”
Jack Kerouac – Desolation Angels

I haven't read this book but will just for this quote alone "He was born with the gift of laughter and with a feeling that the world was mad and this was his entire inheritance." Rafael Sabatinni, Scaramouche

This is not my favourite quote, but one that has followed me around like a curse: 'From much reading and little sleeping, his brain dried up.' You cannot image how many people used it as a warning that a similar thing would happen to me.

one of my favourites it from Robert Crais, The Forgotten man:

"His eyes were open and would remain that way until a mortician closed them. They were brown, like mine, but were dulled by the loss of tears. That's the first thing you learn when you work with the dead: We're gone when we no longer cry."

lani

The Importance of Being Earnest - Oscar Wilde

"To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."

Back