• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite TV show of all time

Violanthe

What is your favorite television show? Whether it's currently on every week, or hasn't aired for years, tell us your favorite show and why it entertains you so much?

Everybody Loves Raymond. I hated it at first, but it grew on me. Ray's mother is just like mine, so perhaps that has something to do with it. :p

Third Watch. It was the first show that I utterly fell in love with and got obsessed with. I really fell in love with the show during it's second season (2000/01), when the viewers got to know the characters and got to see their flaws and not as the heroes that they are made to be; also I enjoyed the next season, as it dealt with the aftermath of 9/11 really well (it wasn't over the top, but it was always there in the background, with a few episodes that primarily focused on the days and months afterwards). There were a couple of episodes that were amazing during the third season: Falling (which dealt with one of the officer's increasing panic attacks in light of the people who had jumped to their deaths) and Two hundred and thirty-three days (which aired 233 days after 9/11 and is one of my favourite episode; dealt with the funeral of one of the paramedics father and how she handled it). Excellent show that went off the air before it's time.

Everybody Loves Raymond. I hated it at first, but it grew on me. Ray's mother is just like mine, so perhaps that has something to do with it. :p

Hey she's like my mother too!:D

I used to love the X Files years ago. Then came the Sopranos, and HBO ruined it. I really like Two and a Half Men, but I see it going down hill fast. Right now I just like South Park and The Family Guy, and Greys Anatomy. As for best of all time, I can not say; my tastes change too often.

TV shows have really sucked lately...too many reality shows. I am watching Dancing With the Stars right now because it is the only thing on.

Jericho looks promising.

My favorite all time show is Sanford and Son. I have all six seasons on DVD. I love the comedy projected by Redd Foxx.

Hey she's like my mother too!:D
Jericho looks promising.

Now I'm definitely looking forward to that one!. I alwasy liked stories based on that theme. During the 80s, there was a movie made about life in a town in the aftermath of a nuclear attack. The first show is on in two days I think-the 22nd.

Firefly - it has everything I want from a TV show. Well developed characters, brilliant writing, brilliant acting, comedy, emotion - a science fiction TV show that's about the ordinary people in a very original setting. There was no excuse for Fox cancelling it so early on after they had marketed it so badly. There aren't many TV shows that I like, but I absolutely love Firefly.

It's really difficult to say one show is my all-time favourite, but if I had to pick one I think I'd go for Firefly too. I loved Buffy and Angel but I think Firefly was on a whole different level. There was so much that could have been done with it, it's such a shame it was cancelled.

Favourite current shows are Bones, Criminal Minds and The 4400.

I don't think the 14 episodes of Firefly QUITE measure up to the 254 episodes of Buffy/Angel... but they're certainly, on average, better than the first 14 episodes of the other two series. There's no telling how great it could have been if they had contintued to make episodes like "Out of Gas" or "Objects In Space".

I don't really watch much TV, but of what is more-or-less currently on, I really like "The Shield", "Weeds", "Extras", "Sopranos" and "Life On Mars". And "Green Wing" is pure genius, but sadly that one's been cancelled.

Old faves: Night Court, Hill Street Blues, Homicide: Life on the Streets, Carnivale, The Simpsons

New faves: The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire, The Shield, Nip/Tuck, The L Word, The Office

"Xena: Warrior Princess". Beautiful scenery, beautiful actors (most of whom could actually act!), superb sets, a quirky sense of humor, and great stories (despite continuity problems). It wasn't the most subtle show, and some of the early episodes had poor production values, but every show has its flaws. And the technical aspects improved as the series progressed.

Also like:

"The X-Files"
"Millennium"
"Six Feet Under"
"Dead Like Me"
"Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
"South Park"

I would have to go with my top 3:
Alias
Arrested Development
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I agree that Firefly could have been great. I hope Whedon is given the opportunity to develop another series in the near future.

Back