• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Goodkind Quotes

Perhaps we should start making bets on how long until Stewart gets banned. A week? That might be a bit optimistic - most other times people have gone there from other forums its been more in the region of a day. But so far they seem to have been reasonable. I think the next step is offering some very mild criticism of a scene in WFR - perhaps the princess violet one - and see how they react.

a consistently good series with no peaks and troughs unlike other authors I can think of. How ideal

It's entertaining at how they manage to completely miss the irony of that statement. Keep up the good work. I also like how they somehow think that you will find the books absolutely perfect - and not a single one disagrees. That last post of yours is classic - "The price you pay, I suppose, for having such poor taste."

What is up with the admin of these forums:
I will tell you now, if a thread is deleted, it is because I did not feel it belonged on this site. It may have been a perfectly good thread. It might have been a great thread on any other site, but it just may not fit on this one.

So he arbitrarily deletes any thread he doesn't like. Well, sounds like he's doing just what Goodkind would do in such a situation. Still, it's very hard to bring yourself to give any respect to someone like this.

(sorry for the double post, but I couldn't edit the one above).

Brys
I think the next step is offering some very mild criticism of a scene in WFR - perhaps the princess violet one - and see how they react.
They might come after him with pitchforks if he does that.

Stewart,
I might try and market a What Would Goodkind Do? cafepress idea at them, see if they bite.
:D :D
Nice outfit Stewart, very James Bond. Very fitting for your um..mission.:D
(how about a kilt next?;))

Why not make friends with Admin person Emma, Stewart? From her highly intelligent choice of signature quotes* she sounds like a bang-up gal!

*er, not to mention the fact that she's an admin on a Terry Frigging Goodkind board...

Shade said:
Why not make friends with Admin person Emma, Stewart? From her highly intelligent choice of signature quotes* she sounds like a bang-up gal!

Just read the signature. Holy ...! These people need put out of their misery.

Looky Here. They meet up in person, how nice. I think that Stewart, being a newbie should go along too - get to know them a bit better. :D

Costumes are optional... clothing is not.

Already? The power of Goodkind must have enabled them to see through your ever so polite posts.:rolleyes:

That comment about spies is worrying .... you could be right. Mystar's been going around every other forum with negative comments on Goodkind this last month and might turn up here.

You've really been banned? It doesn't say so under your name on the forums, and I can't see any potential reason for banning you there. Even by their logic, you haven't caused offence. You've been sycophantic about Goodkind's books, you've mentioned Ayn Rand...

Brys said:
You've really been banned? It doesn't say so under your name on the forums, and I can't see any potential reason for banning you there.
This is all I can see:

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

So are you going to click here and ask why?

The last forum I heard of where all real new members were banned, just in case they said anything bad, was Robert Stanek's. And given that all the other members are him, that doesn't reflect too well on Goodkindo.

Mystar's been going around every other forum with negative comments on Goodkind

Oh well let's hope (s)he shows up here then, and realises what people really think of him and his writing. Come on love!

Shade said:
So are you going to click here and ask why?

I have done. No reply.

The last forum I heard of where all real new members were banned, just in case they said anything bad, was Robert Stanek's. And given that all the other members are him, that doesn't reflect too well on Goodkindo.

Never heard of Stanek, but I've not heard of many fantasy writers. But if an author wants to pretend they have fans and populate their own forum then they deserve to be shot. Just Googled and found his forum. How terrible. I see his "readers" place his books above Tolkien and Martina and the like.

And who is Mystar?

The Robert Stanek comparison is starting to look more and more appropriate. Here is a poll on his forum of "All time greatest real heroes"

View Poll Results: All-Time greatest real heroes, so pick one!
Abraham Lincoln 5.77%
Jesus 25.00%
Mother Teresa 0%
Moses 0%
Shindler [sic] 5.77%
Gandhi 7.69%
King Arthur 13.46%
George Washington 3.85%
Bono 1.92%
Terry Goodkind 36.54%

This has got to be a joke, right? Just like the person whose only comment was "Why is Terry Goodkind last on the list?" The reply, though, is surely ripe for a banning:

One last thing, Terry Goodkind is not on the bottom of this list because he's the least important or least liked, but let's all accept that he isn't a world renowned figure in history like Mother Teresa or Jesus.

HOW VERY VERY DARE YOU!

Mystar is the admin of a Terry Goodkind Fan Forum and selfproclaimed defender of Goodkind on the internet. Wherever there is a discussion about Goodkind (usually pointing out his lack of writing skills) mystar registers and launches an attack on everyone that dares to say Goodkind is less than perfect. He usually starts off by saying he has no time for this, but somehow he keeps on posting in all these goodkind bashing threads on countless forums. His posts are kinda funny in the way he manages to deliberately misinterpret every post he quotes, accuse everyone of flaming even if he is the only one flaming etc etc. You can see some of his typical arguments on the Goodkind discussion page on wikipedia.

The latest conspiracy theory is that mystar is actually Goodkind himself.

Back