• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings! From an Asia girl..

chewlianchillz

Hello everybody!

My name is Chew Lian from Singapore. Most people call me "Chew" or "Lian" in short. I have a very strong liking to read up novels and always get some time off to visit the Libraries.

I'm still a student, going to graduate from the local polytechnic. Most people describe me as happy-go-lucky girl. Geez.

Please introduce yourselves too. I'm still exploring this site to familiarize the surrounding.

:D

Hi Chew,

Welcome to the site; here you'll find great people and interesting discussion.

Ah, someone close to home! Welcome!

I've got a good place for you to buy new books without spending too much money. Found it while I was there in Singapore last week. Write first, then I'll spill the beans. :)

ds

direstraits said:
Ah, someone close to home! Welcome!

I've got a good place for you to buy new books without spending too much money. Found it while I was there in Singapore last week. Write first, then I'll spill the beans. :)

ds

hello! nice to meet you!
good place?? where is it?

Hi again.
I am Sergo - a hard-working goods-delivering guy from Moscow, Russia.
If you need something delivered from, eh... Antananarivu, to... say, Moohosransk, - just give me a hint and I'll do that... I do not work with drugs or guns. And I do not deliver people.
Really, at the moment I consider a possibility to sell my business to somebody and just move to my country house to take on Bonsai rising... Too much trouble lately...
Do you know somebody interested in buying some neat small business, BTW?

Chew... the place is called Word Shop, it's an exhibition type thingee that's laid out in the foyer of The Concourse, Beach Road. They will be there until early Sept, after which they will go somewhere else, which I forgot. They do not have a permanent shopfront.

They have a good selection of stuff (very varied, some new) and they are all at very good prices. The hardcovers were going for $5, $6, and some were even new! The softcovers are also around that price.

Enjoy!

ds

Sergo said:
Hi again.
I am Sergo - a hard-working goods-delivering guy from Moscow, Russia.
If you need something delivered from, eh... Antananarivu, to... say, Moohosransk, - just give me a hint and I'll do that... I do not work with drugs or guns. And I do not deliver people.
Really, at the moment I consider a possibility to sell my business to somebody and just move to my country house to take on Bonsai rising... Too much trouble lately...
Do you know somebody interested in buying some neat small business, BTW?

Would you be available to deliver an army of egg-shaped pigs from Northern Kygrupgak to Southern Vartislvad, by any chance? If you can, then toot the left hoof of the Bardenvik Gardleblukivak. Thanks in advance!

Chew, my arm off!

Welcome to the forum, chewlianchillz. I remember Singapore being a lovely place to visit. It's been a number of years since I've been there, but I seem to recall a visit to the botanical gardens, a tradition for wedding parties, and many white Mercedes sedans, each with a wide ribbon down the center. It may be time to pull our the old photo album.

Back