• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings! From an Asia girl..

Hello, Chew! I'm new here too, and I hope that you enjoy this site as much as I do! You will come to realize (if you haven't already) that the members here are extremely kind and welcoming!
:)

Sergo said:
Hi again.
I am Sergo - a hard-working goods-delivering guy from Moscow, Russia.
If you need something delivered from, eh... Antananarivu, to... say, Moohosransk, - just give me a hint and I'll do that... I do not work with drugs or guns. And I do not deliver people.
Really, at the moment I consider a possibility to sell my business to somebody and just move to my country house to take on Bonsai rising... Too much trouble lately...
Do you know somebody interested in buying some neat small business, BTW?

hmm.. Sorry to say I can't help much, because most of my friends are either Serving Army, Still studying or buzy with their current jobs... and then, by the way, what's the location of your business? Maybe i will see if any foreign friends are willing to take your business... :p

direstraits said:
Chew... the place is called Word Shop, it's an exhibition type thingee that's laid out in the foyer of The Concourse, Beach Road. They will be there until early Sept, after which they will go somewhere else, which I forgot. They do not have a permanent shopfront.

They have a good selection of stuff (very varied, some new) and they are all at very good prices. The hardcovers were going for $5, $6, and some were even new! The softcovers are also around that price.

Enjoy!

ds

I see. Thanks for informing... will look around soon... :)

Ya Krunk'd Floo said:
Would you be available to deliver an army of egg-shaped pigs from Northern Kygrupgak to Southern Vartislvad, by any chance? If you can, then toot the left hoof of the Bardenvik Gardleblukivak. Thanks in advance!

Chew, my arm off!

Eh.. Why does the topic on egg-shaped pigs came out suddenly? I love toy pigs... send me too! Piglets too! hee...

http://chewlianchillz.multiply.com/photos/album/23
lotsa pigs' photoes collected by me! :p Enjoy!

Btw, what's the meaning of arm off? issit away from keyboard?

chewlianchillz said:
hmm.. Sorry to say I can't help much, because most of my friends are either Serving Army, Still studying or buzy with their current jobs... and then, by the way, what's the location of your business? Maybe i will see if any foreign friends are willing to take your business... :p

Thanks for bothering - I just tried to be funny.
Of course to do business in Russia, and especially the kind of business I do, - one has to be Russian. And better a very hardened Russian.

Robert said:
Welcome to the forum, chewlianchillz. I remember Singapore being a lovely place to visit. It's been a number of years since I've been there, but I seem to recall a visit to the botanical gardens, a tradition for wedding parties, and many white Mercedes sedans, each with a wide ribbon down the center. It may be time to pull our the old photo album.

haha.. I see... now, the botanical garden is under renovation and you can look forward for many more new facilities... like MRT station or known as train station, a special garden which showcase on how Earth was born, herbarium, and a botanical library..

May be there are some more, but I've never gone there for a few months, and the progress should be quite fast.

If you are going there one day, remember to bring the old photoes and compare with the newly look garden... :D

I'm sure you won't recognize it...

Metaphor said:
Hello, Chew! I'm new here too, and I hope that you enjoy this site as much as I do! You will come to realize (if you haven't already) that the members here are extremely kind and welcoming!
:)

hello! welcome too =P gee.. its enjoyable here, and i'm glad to find this forum although it might be abit late...

nice to meet u. :D

chewlianchillz said:
haha.. I see... now, the botanical garden is under renovation and you can look forward for many more new facilities... like MRT station or known as train station, a special garden which showcase on how Earth was born, herbarium, and a botanical library..

May be there are some more, but I've never gone there for a few months, and the progress should be quite fast.

If you are going there one day, remember to bring the old photoes and compare with the newly look garden... :D

I'm sure you won't recognize it...

That sounds very nice. I'm hoping to return with my wife in a few years (read: after the kids are gone). I would love for her to see the gardens.

Sergo said:
Thanks for bothering - I just tried to be funny.
Of course to do business in Russia, and especially the kind of business I do, - one has to be Russian. And better a very hardened Russian.

oh.. what about i immigrate to russia and will soon be a russian? ... :D

Robert said:
That sounds very nice. I'm hoping to return with my wife in a few years (read: after the kids are gone). I would love for her to see the gardens.

good good... next year, the renovation will be completed... I'm waiting too. Wanna be one of the first visitors to venture in that garden. Used to study in the classrooms there.

Kenny Shovel said:
Welcome to the forum, and happy birthday for Saturday.

K-S

Hello!
:D :D thanks so much for remembering my birthday... :D
heard we could see Mars at 12.30am on my birthday... not very sure... anybody else heard of this news before?

chewlianchillz said:
Hello!
:D :D thanks so much for remembering my birthday... :D
heard we could see Mars at 12.30am on my birthday... not very sure... anybody else heard of this news before?

I have heard something about Mars being at it's closes point in years. I don't know how good the view it will be because it will appear very close to the moon, last quarter I believe.

Good to have you here Chew. I'm a teacher and joined up on July 15th. I'm a heavy non-fiction fan, who does like a few fiction works thrown in for fun. How's the Po Bronson book? The What do you want to do when you grow up?(right title?) was one that I should probably buy. I'm one who is always looking and thinking that I should do fifteen other things.....at the same time. Perhaps it's the coffee? At any rate, take care and post often. :D

chewlianchillz said:
oh.. what about i immigrate to russia and will soon be a russian? ... :D

That would be great - just do not forget to give me a tip in advance, so I could send my wife on some resort and had a possibility to show you my Motherland in all its beauty.

Though not many Russians could cope with all the obstacles our authorities have in stock for those ready to try business.
One of the most successful people in my field has been an Arab person from Iraq. Too bad for him he hadn't been fast enough the last time...

SFG75 said:
Good to have you here Chew. I'm a teacher and joined up on July 15th. I'm a heavy non-fiction fan, who does like a few fiction works thrown in for fun. How's the Po Bronson book? The What do you want to do when you grow up?(right title?) was one that I should probably buy. I'm one who is always looking and thinking that I should do fifteen other things.....at the same time. Perhaps it's the coffee? At any rate, take care and post often. :D

hello! nice to have you here too.
Do you mean what I'm currently reading? The First $20 million is Always the Hardest. geez.. I've just started a few pages so am not ready to tell you how do I find it.

Heard of Silicon Valley? The Author was actually writing about this company and Bill Gates, but in fiction form.

Sergo said:
That would be great - just do not forget to give me a tip in advance, so I could send my wife on some resort and had a possibility to show you my Motherland in all its beauty.

Though not many Russians could cope with all the obstacles our authorities have in stock for those ready to try business.
One of the most successful people in my field has been an Arab person from Iraq. Too bad for him he hadn't been fast enough the last time...

-.-''

why send her away? I would like to meet her too... would you like to meet any of the guys in Singapore? I have many guy-friends. I'm sure it will be very nice if we really meet, haha! :p

Which business is not risky? Even in Singapore, business is everywhere but not everyone could success. Once, a friend actually approach me to get into a business with an organization to sell health products. He and his partners tried to talk me to venture into it but, due to lack of times, I decided to give up. Since I'm holding a part time job, and at the same time schooling.

Doing business is one of my dreams though.

Back