• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings! From an Asia girl..

Robert said:
I have heard something about Mars being at it's closes point in years. I don't know how good the view it will be because it will appear very close to the moon, last quarter I believe.

hmm... let's check it out!

never knew that movements of different planets can affect one's mood, abilities, mentality, etc.

Example
Mars-Mercury aspects suggest an energetic thought process. This can be a time of great mental energy and an active search for knowledge. Your mind should be quick and alert, though not necessarily highly retentive. Learning can be very exciting and self-perpetuating even if you study alone.

ok..
source from http://www.astrology.com

chewlianchillz said:
-.-''

why send her away? I would like to meet her too... would you like to meet any of the guys in Singapore? I have many guy-friends. I'm sure it will be very nice if we really meet, haha! :p
Err... Because it would be kind of difficult for me to guide you through Russia with my legs broken, that's why. And I cannot see you better suited for looking at our beautiful places with "bluish eyes" my wife almost surely would have given you. She is a very kind woman, but kind of nervous when seeing a beautiful girl near me. And as she has some Asian looks herself, in your case she would be especially fast... :D
Yep, I am also sure of that. Less then a month ago my customer from Singapore visited Moscow and over beers told me how great it is everything there...
chewlianchillz said:
Which business is not risky? Even in Singapore, business is everywhere but not everyone could success. Once, a friend actually approach me to get into a business with an organization to sell health products. He and his partners tried to talk me to venture into it but, due to lack of times, I decided to give up. Since I'm holding a part time job, and at the same time schooling.

Doing business is one of my dreams though.

Yep, sure. But Russian business is kind of special. You know, some people can run well, and others can run well with sacks on their legs. It is not necessary that the Olimpic runner winner would also win while running with a sack on his legs. And sack-runners have never winned Olimpic games, as far as I know. So our business is like this sack-running: no regular training or skills could help you, if you do not have some special abilities and knowledge.

Am I late in congratulating you a very happy birthday? If so, I am really sorry, but don't let my lack of punctuality keep you from enjoying your birthday!

Metaphor said:
Am I late in congratulating you a very happy birthday? If so, I am really sorry, but don't let my lack of punctuality keep you from enjoying your birthday!

Finally! I'm back... Haha...
I enjoyed alot on my birthday. Thanks!

Sergo said:
Err... Because it would be kind of difficult for me to guide you through Russia with my legs broken, that's why. And I cannot see you better suited for looking at our beautiful places with "bluish eyes" my wife almost surely would have given you. She is a very kind woman, but kind of nervous when seeing a beautiful girl near me. And as she has some Asian looks herself, in your case she would be especially fast... :D
Yep, I am also sure of that. Less then a month ago my customer from Singapore visited Moscow and over beers told me how great it is everything there....

in that case, i'm abit scared... :eek:

Sergo said:
Yep, sure. But Russian business is kind of special. You know, some people can run well, and others can run well with sacks on their legs. It is not necessary that the Olimpic runner winner would also win while running with a sack on his legs. And sack-runners have never winned Olimpic games, as far as I know. So our business is like this sack-running: no regular training or skills could help you, if you do not have some special abilities and knowledge.

i see...

chewlianchillz said:
Finally! I'm back... Haha...
I enjoyed alot on my birthday. Thanks!
Ah, but you're 20 now. Will the male members be so keen to post in your thread now you're no longer a teenager?

Kenny Shovel said:
Ah, but you're 20 now. Will the male members be so keen to post in your thread now you're no longer a teenager?

Haha... age does'nt really matter. I'm still a teenager at heart.

Most people who ever met me will always say, I look like an eighteen, do you believe? :D

chewlianchillz said:
Most people who ever met me will always say, I look like an eighteen, do you believe? :D
People used to say that to me all the time. Mostly when I was eighteen admitedly...

Enjoy your time on the forum,

K-S

Does Lian mean pretty in Chinese?

chewlianchillz said:
Hello everybody!

My name is Chew Lian from Singapore. Most people call me "Chew" or "Lian" in short. I have a very strong liking to read up novels and always get some time off to visit the Libraries.

I'm still a student, going to graduate from the local polytechnic. Most people describe me as happy-go-lucky girl. Geez.

Please introduce yourselves too. I'm still exploring this site to familiarize the surrounding.

:D

I only know a few words of Chinese.

"Ni hao pyia lian" means "you are very pretty" I think.

In the late 1970s, I rode a train from Boston to New York with Wo Shi Ken, a young woman from Hong Kong who had saved her vacations for years, in order to some to visit the USA. It was a pleasant conversation. I believe she worked for a bank.

One wonders where such people are today and if they ever think of us.

I have several internet acquaintences in mainland China, majoring in English in universities there. I give them assistance sometimes. I spent a lot of time helping one student there write an poem in English for a contest. He wrote everything, but I advised on certain words. He was quite fond of using the word "gutsiest" in his poem. I tried to counsel him against that word. I must look and see what the final version is:

His name is powerengine. Here is his poem:
http://online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12715

Sitaram said:
I only know a few words of Chinese.

"Ni hao pyia lian" means "you are very pretty" I think.

Actually, my name "Chew" is "Qiu" in chinese verbally, meaning autumn. "Lian" is the chinese verbal, meaning lotus. The "a" in "lian" is pronounced as "a" in "and".

If you wanna say "You are pretty", in chinese verbal, they are written as "ni hao piao liang" where the "a" in "liang" pronouced as "a" in "are".

Sitaram said:
In the late 1970s, I rode a train from Boston to New York with Wo Shi Ken, a young woman from Hong Kong who had saved her vacations for years, in order to some to visit the USA. It was a pleasant conversation. I believe she worked for a bank.

One wonders where such people are today and if they ever think of us.

I have several internet acquaintences in mainland China, majoring in English in universities there. I give them assistance sometimes. I spent a lot of time helping one student there write an poem in English for a contest. He wrote everything, but I advised on certain words. He was quite fond of using the word "gutsiest" in his poem. I tried to counsel him against that word. I must look and see what the final version is:

His name is powerengine. Here is his poem:
http://online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12715

i see..
your chinese are not bad, how did you learn? but, let me edit some to let your chinese friend understand.

Ni hao ma! Wo bu da hui shuo ni men de hua.

Wo shuo Zhong Wen.

Xie xie ni. (thank you)

Bu ke qi. ( you are welcome)

chewlianchillz said:

Welcome chewlianchillz. Good to see you joined the forum.

Most people who ever met me will usually say, I look like "I wish I was eighteen again". :)

chewlianchillz said:

Ha. Maybe I am a teenager in heart too...
And nobody say that I look my... 45 nearly...
:D

Back