• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings From the New Girl

Ashlea said:
you Brits eat some bizarre cheese. God willing, you do NOT put anything but a nice mozzarella on pizza.

What else would you put on a Quattro Formaggi?

Mozzarella, Cheddar, Pecorino, and Monterey Jack are all nice on pizzas. I'm tempted to try a home made pizza with Roquefort. :)

Ashlea said:
I would just like to say that I went to the gourmet grocery store last night, and you Brits eat some bizarre cheese.

How so? Was it the Yarg?

When I was in the US I found the cheese selection appalling. Bland and dull it was. Proper aging seems to be an alien concept. I would have killed for a bit of blue Wensleydale. Mmm. Cheesey.

Thea said:
Eww, Raven. Just eww.

We do have Pizza Hut. In fact, I just ordered from them last night because I was having a low-key birthday celebration (wanna guess my age?). I do eat cheese, but melted cheese kind of freaks me out for reasons I cannot explain. I'm not that strict a vegetarian; I've been known to eat chicken and fish on rare occasions.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply Agent Thea. I think I was being followed and I had to shake my tail. (no one else will shake it for me).

We, in The Society, observed your celebration from a secure location but you blew out all your candles before we could take off our shoes and socks. Alas, your age remains a trade secret. That's what we in the trade like to call it any way.

Odd, your reaction to melted cheese wasn't in your portfolio, but it WAS noted that you like to eat an occasional unplucked chicken and fish with that come hither look in their glassy eyes. You're my kind of agent.

Welcome to The Society.

RaVeN

I'm honored to be a member of The Society, and I hope my performance is satisfactory to you and the rest of the agents.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your tail. At the next Super Ultra Rad Elite Ninja Agent Conference (SURENAC), I'll make sure to shake it for you at least once.

You're a inspiration to the cause Agent T.

I think you forgot to use your secret decoder ring on the last inner office memo though. It's no longer refered to as SURENAC. Basic black is so last season and Ninjas smell funny. It's been decided to drop the NAC from the name and replace it with Society for the History of Indian Thingys.

Until then, keep your eyes open and your tongue sticking out just a little bit on the right side of your mooth. And then, when no one is looking, switch it quickly to your left. And then, just to confuse everyone, wiggle it up and down just the teeniest bit, until a little drop appears on your...aww, nevermind. I lose more agents that way.

RaVeN

Wow, what a great name change. Society for the History of Indian Thingys is much more closely related to what we do, and I for one am proud to call myself a S.H.I.T. agent.

And we're just as proud to acknowledge you as a small, but consequential piece of S.H.I.T. :cool:

Rock on Agent T!

RaVeN

Belated Greetings Thea!
So what made you leave the US to come over here? Missing it? What part of the USA are you from? I LOVE the USA! I miss it- and I was only assigned there in Michigan for a few years.

I used to live in Leeds, when I did my Masters there- Unfortunately alot of the impressions of the place was shadowed by the dodgey part I lived in- Woodhouse! Never again. But alas It was a nice city and warm people with cute accents ( in moderation).I actually had girlfriend there at the time from Arkansas , USA! I don't think SHE liked it there much....

I'm currently reading "One Door Away From Heaven"-Dean Koontz-which is taking me an absolute age because I'm so busy right now. Before that I polished off "Tick Tock" by the same author and and started but never quite finished "Dune" by Frank Herbert. I have on my list for the future "Zen And The Art Of Motor Cycle Maintainance" by Robert Pirzig and I've also started "We The Living"- by Aeyn Rand- because I believe in the strength of the individual and that book "spoke to me". I also have a Stephen King book an ex gave me- which I should read I think it's called "Salems Lot".

I'm from Chicago. Long story short: I met an Irishman and moved overseas to live with him. We moved to Leeds for the hell of it, but he also got his MA here, at Leeds Uni, in American Literature incidentally.

Woodhouse isn't bad at all. I live in the Harehills/Chapeltown area, which everyone seems to think is gang-ridden, full of drug addicts, and horribly dangerous, but those people live terribly sheltered bourgeois lives.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is one of my favorite books ever. I hope you enjoy it!

So, did you ever get around to Post Office? Buk can be an acquired taste (like a lot of British cheeses, or so I hear).

Not yet, but maybe while I'm on holiday (I'm about to leave for Paris and I'm bringing a stack of books along). See you in ten days!

Back