• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Guns N Roses comeback falls flat

Izzy was the genius of the group anyway. Axl carrying on on his own is fine, but calling himself "Guns 'n Roses" is ridiculous. A pity considering how great they were about 18-20 years ago.

Their music is fine if you don't hear it every other day. Sadly the rock stations down here seem to have a fetish for G&R. I'm kind of curious to see how the new album sounds. Supposedly Nine Inch Nails was a big influence on Axl when recording it...

Anamnesis said:
Their music is fine if you don't hear it every other day. Sadly the rock stations down here seem to have a fetish for G&R. I'm kind of curious to see how the new album sounds. Supposedly Nine Inch Nails was a big influence on Axl when recording it...
Well, that'll be a train wreck.:)

Anamnesis said:
Supposedly Nine Inch Nails was a big influence on Axl when recording it...
Now, or when he started recording it 10 years ago?

I wouldn't mind hearing "Appetite For Destruction" every day. One of the greatest rock'n'roll albums ever. (Of course, if they start playing "Knockin' On Heaven's Door", that's another matter... I STILL say Dylan should have kicked Axl's ass for that one.)

beer good said:

I wouldn't mind hearing "Appetite For Destruction" every day. One of the greatest rock'n'roll albums ever. (Of course, if they start playing "Knockin' On Heaven's Door", that's another matter... I STILL say Dylan should have kicked Axl's ass for that one.)
Dylan can't even stand up let alone kick anyones ass.

Poppy1 said:
Watchu talkin' bout here Thaibebob? You dissin' Bobby-boy? :D
No, just saying that the fact he has got more drugs in his system then Keith Richards he wouldn't be very good in a fight.

NIN was definitely an influence when he first started making the album, but judging from recent descriptions the new music still sounds like Nine Inch Nails (not to mention Beck and Led Zeppelin, according to the source).

The truth about G&R is so much worse. Axl went bald and couldn't face the public and gained weight and then got a really bad hair weave. That's all not really rock n roll. Like Van Morrison can get away with it because he has friends (go figger) but Axle was such a huge egotistical asshole that baldness totally affects his cred.

What happens when Axl Rose takes on Tommy Hilfiger in a posh establishment? New York Post gossip page

Axl would survive in the jungle, as long as no fashion designers were present.
th_rofl.gif
th_icon_rofl.gif

That story was so bizarre. Axl doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would show concern about a woman spilling her drink, and his "fight" with Tommy Hilfiger... it feels like an elaborate joke.

I had tickets to see them on that last tour they did a couple of years ago and they cancelled the tour the night before I was supposed to see them. I also saw them in '91, when Izzy was still in the band, on the Use Your Illusion tour. There was a 2 hour wait between them and the opening band. They were damn good though.

Back