• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Guns N Roses comeback falls flat

Anamnesis said:
That story was so bizarre. Axl doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would show concern about a woman spilling her drink, and his "fight" with Tommy Hilfiger... it feels like an elaborate joke.

I loved the part about Tommy telling Axl that he had some "November Pain" for him.:D In reading a bit more about it, evidently, there is a feud related to Tommy's brother and Axl. I guess Tommy is playing the role of bigger brother in this one.:confused:

beer good said:
Axl was released from jail in Stockholm a few minutes ago. After last night's concert (which was pretty much universally panned by the critics) he apparently got very drunk, hit and BIT a security guard, thrashed a hotel lobby and had to spend a few hours in a drunk tank before he could be interrogated.

He's 44 years old. Can't someone just put him out of his misery? Please?

People change over time. Some people "grow up" and become accountants. Some straight laced people buy the Harley and head on out on the road. What do you do if you're Axl Rose? What has the guy done? I feel very sorry for the guy. You just wait, he's either going to end up as some new age spirtiualist or some Ozzy-wannabe still chasing that rock-n-roll dream.

I love Axl Rose:D
I like their old songs and have not followed up on anything new.
My faves from them: Don't cry
welcome to the jungle
november rain
sweet child of mine
patience

and I love how they sing "The Cats in the cradle ":)

I love Axl Rose:D
I like their old songs and have not followed up on anything new.
My faves from them: Don't cry
welcome to the jungle
november rain
sweet child of mine
patience

and I love how they sing "The Cats in the cradle ":)

Appetite For Destruction-one of my fave cd's :)

Quite an interesting girly catfight going on between Axl and Scott Weiland. I love Weiland's response:

On Friday, in a posting to the band's Web site entitled "Quid Pro Quo" and endorsed "Yours truly, Scott Weiland," the Velvet Revolver frontman advised Rose to "get a new wig" before calling him a "fat, Botox-faced, wig-wearin' f---." Weiland continued the written assault, claiming that Rose has an "unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics — who's the fraud now?"

"How many albums have you put out, man, and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called 'band' to make [the long-awaited Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy]?" Weiland continued. "How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. ... How dare you call our bass player 'spineless?' We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last 10 years? Oh, that's right — you bailed out on your long-awaited [2002] comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling, shall we say, a trifle miffed?

Touche! I don't know if I would bring up the whole Chinese Democracy part, that's a bit low.:D

Funny that this thread has seen life again. It's also rather timely in light of the fact that the album has been leaked.:lol:

Best Buy Posts 'Chinese Democracy' Track List

---------

October 16, 2008 , 11:45 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
The track list for Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is now up on an inactive pre-order page at Best Buy, which will release the album exclusively in the United States on Nov. 23. A small album cover image also appears there.

In typical dramatic fashion, the first noise one hears on the album is a blood-curdling Axl Rose scream, according to multiple sources who've heard it.

Of the 14 songs, 11 have either been played live or leaked online in the decade-plus since Guns N' Roses began work on "Chinese Democracy." The only three unfamiliar tracks are "Scraped," "Sorry" and "Prostitute," while a song originally known as "The Blues" appears to have been renamed "Street of Dreams."

Before "Chinese Democracy" hits stores, GNR's seminal 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on Oct. 28 via Interscope.

Here is the track list for "Chinese Democracy":

"Chinese Democracy"
"Scraped"
"Shackler's Revenge"
"Street Of Dreams"
"If The World"
"Better"
"This I Love"
"There Was A Time"
"Riad N' The Bedovins"
"Sorry"
"I.R.S."
"Catcher"
"Madagascar"
"Prostitute"

Dr. Pepper said that they would give everyone a free can if this came out this year. Looks like they're gonna hafta deliver on that promise.

Back