• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter Seventh Book Pre-Sales Speculations and Discussions

Will Harry return to Hogwarts for a 7th year?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Yes, but he will not stay the whole year or he will just visit

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
I just can't wait till Harry die. Let Harry die a horrible death, and may he burn in hell like Santa Claus.

Hey, I got it. Deathly Hallows, see? You die in the hallows... so death. Geddit?

Wait. That's gallows.

Oh, I know! It's actually a 'hallowed' gallows. So in true Potter style, they made it simple and called it Hallows.

Or maybe it's a name of a device. Don't let her throw you off guard.

ds

Maybe the title's one of those that doesn't make sense until you read the book. I remember thinking "Goblet of Fire" sounded odd, because a goblet couldn't be made of fire or it would extinguish whenever you poured a drink into it...

chapters.indigo.ca is allowing customers to find out where readers can pre-order the book once the date is announced.

I don't think its going to be on July 7th, as it is the second anniversary of the London Bombings and it would be somewhat disrespectful to release a book on such a date and also isn't the 5th movie being released shortly around that day anyways? :confused:

I don't think its going to be released on July 7th, as it is the second anniversary of the London Bombings (its the equvialant to 9/11 in North America). Also I believe the 5th movie is being released around that date anyways.

From what I have heard is that there are two remaining horcuxes that Harry, Ron, and Hermoine will go and look for.

I've thought about this too, but my idea was that it isn't Harry, but some other person who is the final Horcrux. It would be interesting for it to be someone that they know (Neville, Lupin, Ginny, Malfoy, Snape etc etc); heighten the drama and all that, but I don't see how it could be explained.

If Harry were the final Horcrux, you could say that the Potters had soemthing that V wanted, and by going to Godric's Hollow hoped to obtain. Maybe it went wrong (e.g. Harry grabbed Horcrux or something). But then you would have to examine everything that V has said to Harry in the past as he would not simply want to kill Harry if he contains a part of his soul, and has done the 'Bond villain' routine a couple of times (i.e. "I have caught you...now I will tell you the details of my master plan!"). I don't think it could fit logically into the story.

But we all know how fabulous JK Rowling is, she'll blow us away, I'm sure.

I don't think its going to be released on July 7th, as it is the second anniversary of the London Bombings (its the equvialant to 9/11 in North America). Also I believe the 5th movie is being released around that date anyways.

Way should these things stop JK Rowling from releasing here book on the mention date? Terrorist should not rule the world. If JK Rowling had desided to release book number 7 on the 07.07.07, before the London Bombings happend, then I think she should do that. If the book are released on 07.07.07 it would be natural to dedecate the book to the victims and the fight against terrorisme.

I agree that we shall honour and remember the victims of these to awful days in the world history. But we shall not let these terrorist rule our lifes for ever.

[*]The last chapter was written back in 1999; it dealt with "what happens to the survivors afterward"; the last word is scar; this chapter will still be tweaked

Everyone who cares about the series knows this, written along with the first chapter of the first book, although the "scar" as the last word has not been confirmed by any sources I've checked.

[*]The book will contain a lot of the back story of the Potters

Of course, it has to. Otherwise the whole mystery surrounding the book will never be resolved in an comprehendable way.

[*]Aunt Petunia has never performed magic, and never will, but there's more to her than meets the eye; the letter left with Harry on the doorstep was not the first one Dumbledore sent Petunia

Mentioned in books five and six.

[*]The Sorting Hat is not a horcrux, but there's more to it than what we've read in the first books

It wouldn't be a Horcrux because Dumbledore would have already destroyed it, and of course it will have some effect. It predicted the demise of the school if they all did not band together, and has seen 1000 years, of which I'm sure things such as what is happening now has been finished, although not on the scale it is at the present time.

[*]"Ravenclaw will have their day"

Every other house has had an important event take place; this assumption can easily be made.

[*]No book character has returned from the future

Did you really expect one to, considering time travel is only brought on by the Time Turners, which were destroyed in the Ministry of Magic in the fifth book, although that may not be all of them. Rowling has "meddled in time" enough, so it seems insignificant to mention that nothing involving it will occur in the seventh book.

[*]There is significance to the fact that Harry has his mother's eyes

Unless she could shoot laser beams out of her eyes, I see no significance.

[*]Book 7 will be released on 07/07/07

A rumor, nothing more. The date has not been set.

[*]There is a frighteningly large universe of Harry Potter fan sites which, among other things, collect and analyze interviews with JK Rowling

Anyone who knows anything knows this.

Way should these things stop JK Rowling from releasing here book on the mention date? Terrorist should not rule the world. If JK Rowling had desided to release book number 7 on the 07.07.07, before the London Bombings happend, then I think she should do that. If the book are released on 07.07.07 it would be natural to dedecate the book to the victims and the fight against terrorisme.

I agree that we shall honour and remember the victims of these to awful days in the world history. But we shall not let these terrorist rule our lifes for ever.

While I would love the final book to be released this summer, I have read that with the fifth movie being released near July 13, Scholastic and Bloomsbury don't want to tramp on Warner Bros. parade. And it seems likely that this would be the case and I wouldn't expect a release date to be announced until sometime in the summer or fall, anticipating an early 2008 release date for the final book.

If there is hype around the movie, I don't think J.K. would want to be promoting both a movie and a book during the summer and I would think that the publishers would respect the wishes of the company that is producing the fifth movie before publishing the final novel.

Personally, I would like some breathing room between the book and the movie.

While I would love the final book to be released this summer, I have read that with the fifth movie being released near July 13, Scholastic and Bloomsbury don't want to tramp on Warner Bros. parade. And it seems likely that this would be the case and I wouldn't expect a release date to be announced until sometime in the summer or fall, anticipating an early 2008 release date for the final book.

If there is hype around the movie, I don't think J.K. would want to be promoting both a movie and a book during the summer and I would think that the publishers would respect the wishes of the company that is producing the fifth movie before publishing the final novel.

Personally, I would like some breathing room between the book and the movie.

Now I follow your arguments Jayne, and I agree. The movie will appear first.

The earliere HP books have been released during summertime. Do you think JKR will wait until summer of 2008? That means 1,5 year before we get the rest of the story:( Hopefully JKR release the book before Christmas next year.

I'm sure she will. Hasn't there typically been only 1-2 years between books? I'm pretty sure that's right. Someone who keeps track of the book release dates might have to confirm that for me.

I'm sure she will. Hasn't there typically been only 1-2 years between books? I'm pretty sure that's right. Someone who keeps track of the book release dates might have to confirm that for me.

1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (June 26, 1997)
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (July 2, 1998)
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (September 8, 1999)
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (July 8, 2000)
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (June 21, 2003)
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (July 16, 2005)
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (release date TBA)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter

Back