• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter Seventh Book Pre-Sales Speculations and Discussions

Will Harry return to Hogwarts for a 7th year?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Yes, but he will not stay the whole year or he will just visit

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
A bit of a digression: by bookseller told me the book is coming out on 07/07/07 when I told him I wanted to reserve it. It was december and he looked at me like i was crazy and told me the book is coming out july 7th.

Well, it looks as though Voldemort might die, if she doesn't decide to make him go on, and on, and on, and on, etc.

I wouldn't be too unhappy if Harry died, but I do hope Ron and Snape live. And Ollivander too. I remember he was captured in the 6th book, and I hope he survives.

Well, there are countless characters I wouldn't want to die. . .

I think it will probably be Voldemort, because she has a habit of doing the obvious. She may take out a few well-liked characters, just to show how serious the war is. McGonagall, most likely, because she promotes her younger characters as better/more deserving that the older ones. A few lesser student characters too, perhaps.

Who do I hope she will kill? Slughorn.

I think Voldemort will die. I also hope Snape is killed. I can see McGonagall dying, but then again Dumbledore died in the last one, and she is the new headmistress, so it might be too much the same if McGonagall dies too. But I really do hope Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermione live happily ever after. I am a sucker for happy endings.

I have it on good authority that the book IS out on 7-7-7

(Kinda got some connections with connected with the whole Potter thing)

So, does Dumbedore have a Horcrux?

...and does Snape keep it safe for him?

Perhaps Dumbledore had to kill someone to defend Snape during his edit from the Death Eaters. To prevent the death being a waste, Dumbledore used the unfortunate incident to create a Horcrux.

This would explain why Dumbledore has so much faith in Snape despite everything that people say.

:p

I don't know if Dumbledore would have a horcrux, that's such dark magic isn't it? I guess anything could happen.

I don't think that Snape is a bad guy though. I think that Dumbledore told Snape to kill him and that's why they were arguing.

We know about the horcruxes that were already presented, like the Book and the Cup (right?) I think that in book 7 Harry and Snape will work together to get V. It will be Harry's job to find and destroy all of the horcruxes and Snapes job to get close to V and eventually kill him. V will find out that Snape is working against him and kill him then it will be Harrys job to kill V. I even think that Malfoy will come around and maybe become Harry's ally.

Either way it will be interesting? I can't wait!

Rowling unveils last Potter date

Rowling unveils last Potter date

The last instalment of the Harry Potter saga will be published on 21 July, author JK Rowling has announced.

She confirmed the date fans will be able to get their hands on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on her website.

Rowling has said two characters die in the final book and fans are wondering whether Harry is one of them.

When asked about Harry's fate, Rowling has said she could understand authors who killed off their characters off, to stop others writing new adventures.

But she admitted being worried about the reaction from fans if the boy wizard came to a sticky end.

Rowling always made it clear the series would be in seven parts and much of the plot was almost set in stone.

In a recent web posting, she said: "I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more."

Excerpt above taken from the BBC website.

Entire Article: BBC News

I thought some of you may be interested :)

Thanks for the headsup, Ice! Since several of the books have hit the stores in mid to late July, coinciding beautifully with two of my children's birthdays, their birthday presents are easy to choose:rolleyes: We always have to threaten them to keep the details to themselves until the rest of the family can have a turn reading the book.It is really funny watching them trying to exercise restraint:p

It is really funny watching them trying to exercise restraint:p

:)
And since I'm usually last in the reading line, they'd best not discuss it amongst themselves either! Especially in the case of the final - long awaited ending, I won't want to hear even ONE advance word. Maybe I'd better assert parental rights in this case to avoid potential "tragedy". Pretty sure I can exercise restraint.

:)
And since I'm usually last in the reading line, they'd best not discuss it amongst themselves either! Especially in the case of the final - long awaited ending, I won't want to hear even ONE advance word. Maybe I'd better assert parental rights in this case to avoid potential "tragedy". Pretty sure I can exercise restraint.

Oh believe me, that thought has crossed my mind too! It's unfortunate in a way that the book comes out so close to those two birthdays..:rolleyes:

Ohhhhhhhhh!

Weren't we all hoping for an 07/07/07 release date? Raspberries. Still muchly excited, anyway. Two character deaths...ye gods. I hope it's not a cop-out and she kills, say, Filch and Madam Rosmerta or something.

I think I will have a minor heart attack if it's a Weasley....

I'm still waiting to pre-order my copy of the last book; I spent $50 on books a few weeks ago and need the money to purchase other things that are more urgent than books. Planning on pre-ordering it in March or April.

I had planned to pre order every HP book that comes out but knowing my luck il miss the post and it'l be sent to the sorting office and i wont be able to collect it till the next day. So il do what i do everytime, pop into any book shop in town. They will be bringing in 1000's of copies.

Back