• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter Seventh Book Pre-Sales Speculations and Discussions

Will Harry return to Hogwarts for a 7th year?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Yes, but he will not stay the whole year or he will just visit

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
I am on the fence on this one. I would like to think it is Regalus because it would give Harry another reason to return to Grimmuald Place which I would like him to do. Also, there is the locket that was found when he was cleaning out the house with Ron, Hermione, Mrs. Weasley and Sirrius in the 5th book. Although it is doubtful that could have been the real Horacrux after Voldermort's soul was already destroyed.

I think that it would be someone else because Sirrius had such a low opinion of him. Sirrius depicted his brother of someone who was too afraid to stand up to Voldermort. Though his family never openly supported Voldermort they believed in his ideas. They thought that Regalus was brave for becoming a Death Eater while Sirrius saw it as cowardice. He said that Regalus was stupid and lost his nerve and was killed early on. If that is true I wonder if we are giving him too much credit to figure out the horacruxes.

I doubt that it will be Summer '07 since that is when the next movie is due out. They normally don't have 2 big HP events so close...

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
LOL. I much doubt it. I always get it on the first day, but I'm not much of a night owl, so I like to be at home at midnight. (Besides that, if you wait a while, the crowds die down! Yay!) It probably doesn't help that I live in a small town. I have to drive five miles out of my way to get anywhere or do anything, and the nearest Borders is 15 miles away.
I, however, am a night owl, but I can't drive to Borders, so I have to wait until the next day when I can get a ride. :mad: Maybe, since we both live in our own little worlds, you can drive me to the next one, which I heard is coming out next summer.

I think now, strongly, that it is Regulas. In the 5th book, Kreacher was hiding secret black family posessions, I think he took the locket and handed it to Regulas, And I don't think Regulas is acctaully dead like everyone thinks he is. I will try to add more information bout this later. ;)

But if he wasn't dead then Harry wouldn't have inherited all of Sirrius' stuff. Wouldn't it have gone to the surviving member of the Black family? Despite Sirrius' will things are transfered through magic.

I agree, h carnahan. Why wouldn't he be dead? Sirius never said they didn't find the body; wouldn't he have mentioned that if they didn't find the body? But anyway, I'm confused, teadude. Why would Kreacher have anything do to with it? The locket wasn't a family posession of the Black's, it was a family possession of Voldemort's. Why would Kreacher have ever seen it? Regalus took it and immediately destroyed it, according to his letter, so Kreacher would never have given it to Regalus...

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
I agree, h carnahan. Why wouldn't he be dead? Sirius never said they didn't find the body; wouldn't he have mentioned that if they didn't find the body? But anyway, I'm confused, teadude. Why would Kreacher have anything do to with it? The locket wasn't a family posession of the Black's, it was a family possession of Voldemort's. Why would Kreacher have ever seen it? Regalus took it and immediately destroyed it, according to his letter, so Kreacher would never have given it to Regalus...

He never said he destroyed it immediately. He said that he intends to destroy it as soon as he can. Slightly different.

I've heard quite a few, to say the least, weird theories. I've heard that it was three people using their initials. I've heard that it stands for Remus and Black (as in Sirius)... I heard some really far out ones...

Roheryn said:
He never said he destroyed it immediately. He said that he intends to destroy it as soon as he can. Slightly different.

I've heard quite a few, to say the least, weird theories. I've heard that it was three people using their initials. I've heard that it stands for Remus and Black (as in Sirius)... I heard some really far out ones...

Yes I also heard about the Remus and Black. But it can't be right because in the letter it says 'I intend to destroy it' as in only one person :confused:

yeah, that's why I've always thought it wasn't. That's also why I've discounted the theory that it is three people...

Roheryn said:
That could raise another question then, is it destroyed or not?

I don't want to believe that it is Regalus, not only would it be disappointing because everyone automatically assumes that it is him but it would also make Dumbledore appear not as smart. Dumbledore and Harry had to sift through old memories to unravel the secret, Sirrius makes Regalus seem stupid and if he could figure it out then what does that make Dumbledore and Harry?

I heard it might be 2008 'cause she took a break from writing to spend time with her kids...

and yes, I went to the last two midnight parties, and plan to go to the next...

good point... but what about that locket? ya know, the one they found in the cabinets when they were cleaning out the black house... and it wouldn't open?

I have no idea who R.A.B. could be but why would Regulus A. Black destroy
Voldemort’s Horcrux??? I mean if he was one of Voldemort's followers, he knew what would happen to him if he disagreed with his ideas/plans... so I believe R.A.B is a new character and Harry will figure everything out in the end, like he always does...:rolleyes:

Pinecones360 said:
the projected release date is supposed to be 07/07/07 which i think would be incredibly cool.

But as I mentioned above, the 7th of July was the date of the London Bombings last year and will be commemorated as such for some years to come. I can't imagine JKR deciding her book release would be on such a date.

Roheryn said:
don't you mean luckily stumble onto the solution?

Well put! Harry is always handed the answer on a plate (as well as a handy sword/flying hippogriff etc).

JKR has said she is not introducing any new characters (other than minor ones maybe). RAB is already in the books.

ha ha ha :) ... I know he's not smart and he always jumps to conclusions, following his guts and stuff like that...acting like everything that happens is his fault and it's up to him to set things right/like nobody else could face Voldemort... as for the RAB maybe someone has a nickname that we didn't know about, like Snape had:confused:

Back