• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi there !! from saudi arabia

xBasx

Hello!

I was searching for a book readers site. A place where I can find ppl talking about good books . And I believe I've found one :D

this might sound silly. but my name is bas not xbasx. it's just a decoration I like putting :p

Hi and Welcome xbasx. Don't worry, my real name is not abecedarian either;) But I do like to read once in awhile..what sort of books do you enjoy?

Weclome Bas! You found the best place on the web to talk books. We also have a subforum just for talking about Harry Potter. Enjoy!

drmjwdvm said:
We also have a subforum just for talking about Harry Potter.

I'm still a bit cynical about that whole subform for Harry Potter thing. It ensures that discussion of the kiddy character is far removed from other kids' fiction, and thus discussions on the topic of Harry Potter are likely to stay on that topic and that topic alone. Were he just an ordinary part of the kids' fiction forum then there would be a mix of threads covering a variety of authors in that bracket. It would at least put help put some flesh to the myth that Harry Potter is getting kids to read.

thanks for the welcoming guys

abecedarian .. haha that was funny .. I just thought maybe coz no one have an arabic knowledge would thought that there is an arabic name as xbasx .. Bas doesn't exsist either lolz . my real name is Basmah. it means SMILE =)

Dogmatix.. That's cool .
I agree with stewart is kinda right. yes, harry potter books are great but they are still a kids-fiction-book.

the kind of books I like is mainly mystery and thrills novels.. romantic books aren't something I enjoy, also poetry.

Hello xBasx, welcome to the forum.

romantic books aren't something I enjoy, also poetry.

Don't like romantic books? Oh dear! - Didn't someone tell you that to become a full member here you have to read at least 5 romantic books?
Nah, just joking, although perhaps we should have to - it'd mellow us out a little. :D

Gem said:
Hello xBasx, welcome to the forum.

Don't like romantic books? Oh dear! - Didn't someone tell you that to become a full member here you have to read at least 5 romantic books?
Nah, just joking, although perhaps we should have to - it'd mellow us out a little. :D
haha that's funny.

Actually, I've never read any romantic book. except an arabic one for an egyption writer. it's was silly. but it wasn't the main reason I didn't start reading romantic books.
the same goes for romantic books lolz

kinda anti-romantic haha

ooh ur reading the good earth. I've read it . it was amazing.
my friend read the arabic translated version of it and was like "I was sooo about to cry" lolz
I also read "west wind, east wind" but the arabic-translated version and it was cool

ooh ur reading the good earth. I've read it . it was amazing.
my friend read the arabic translated version of it and was like "I was sooo about to cry" lolz
I also read "west wind, east wind" but the arabic-translated version and it was cool

I finished The Good Earth - and I did cry. :rolleyes: It was a good read.
Haven't read West Wind East Wind, but I will look out for it.

I think if u cried over The Good Earth, you'll enjoy East Wind, West Wind..

you can visit this link to see what reader thought about the book
click

What is the selection like in Saudi Arabia? Can you get pretty much anything that we have here in the West, or are certain titles censored?

xBasx said:
romantic books aren't something I enjoy, also poetry.

Hi Bas and a big Welcome. Great to have a name that means smile:) Just to clarify, do you enjoy poetry or not?

Welcome to the forum, Bas! Have you placed your order with Amazon yet?
I'm just waiting to finish the books I'm reading now. I've strarted having a pile of books I didn't read.

What is the selection like in Saudi Arabia? Can you get pretty much anything that we have here in the West, or are certain titles censored?
not all the books reach here . I mean there are even saudi books that are banned here.
lots of books that I want to buy aren't available. I think mainly becoz I only go to one bookstore and it can have all the books in the world..
but some books, mainly love stories have been cut-off. u may notice that some pages aren't there haha.
that's another reason for me to stay away from romantic books.though I have lots of friends enjoying them

Hi Bas and a big Welcome. Great to have a name that means smile Just to clarify, do you enjoy poetry or not?
thanks for the welcome Poppy..
I don't like poetry. =)

xBasx said:
not all the books reach here . I mean there are even saudi books that are banned here.
lots of books that I want to buy aren't available. I think mainly becoz I only go to one bookstore and it can have all the books in the world..
but some books, mainly love stories have been cut-off. u may notice that some pages aren't there haha.
that's another reason for me to stay away from romantic books.though I have lots of friends enjoying them

Fascinating...if you buy online, does your equivalent to customs examine the delivery and contents?

SFG75 said:
Fascinating...if you buy online, does your equivalent to customs examine the delivery and contents?
you know! I've never thought of that.
but the books that I've bought from my bookstore are complete. myabe my taste in reading has something to do with that.
I need to check that up before placing an order.

thanks for that

Back