• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Holiday advice

I wonder if Miss Poe would care to share her tips for wrapping books.

LOL! :p
I think it's funny when customers want boxes to put the books in, so they can wrap it. But I just think, it's freakin' box shaped! You don't have to put it in anything to wrap it! I've wrapped books for customers before. I wrap it very simply - nothing fancy. In the 9 years I've worked the holiday season, only one person bitched about the way I did it. Otherwise, no problem. I only use three pieces of tape. Done and done.

LOL! :p
I think it's funny when customers want boxes to put the books in, so they can wrap it. But I just think, it's freakin' box shaped! You don't have to put it in anything to wrap it! I've wrapped books for customers before. I wrap it very simply - nothing fancy. In the 9 years I've worked the holiday season, only one person bitched about the way I did it. Otherwise, no problem. I only use three pieces of tape. Done and done.

Start laughing sweetheart! At our house, people ask for specific titles...so we like to disquise books, cds, and dvds. Last year, one of the girls wrapped a movie for her sister in so many layers of wrapping paper and packing tape, it was unreckognizable....also took her thirty minutes and a good steak knife to get into that package. You shoulda been here:lol:

Oh yeah, My oldest daughter brought along a Chinese friend from school..she'd never seen a 'typical American Christmas' before...she was filming the whole time. I'm sure she thought we were all insane.

Start laughing sweetheart! At our house, people ask for specific titles...so we like to disquise books, cds, and dvds. Last year, one of the girls wrapped a movie for her sister in so many layers of wrapping paper and packing tape, it was unreckognizable....also took her thirty minutes and a good steak knife to get into that package. You shoulda been here:lol:

Oh yeah, My oldest daughter brought along a Chinese friend from school..she'd never seen a 'typical American Christmas' before...she was filming the whole time. I'm sure she thought we were all insane.
That sounds like awesome good times! :D
You're right though, I totally understand that a lot of people like to disguise their gifts... I guess I just don't put in that much effort into making things a surprise. So it's all obvious when I get someone a CD, DVD, or a book. My parents used to put gifts inside cereal boxes, etc... to disguise the shape.

That sounds like awesome good times! :D
You're right though, I totally understand that a lot of people like to disguise their gifts... I guess I just don't put in that much effort into making things a surprise. So it's all obvious when I get someone a CD, DVD, or a book. My parents used to put gifts inside cereal boxes, etc... to disguise the shape.

Just this morning, my daughter Katie informed me I needed to start disguising her boyfriend's gifts...My youngest son pointed out Casey's present under the tree and he took one look and said, 'Oh, that looks like a book set.' :innocent:

Guess who got almost all of their shopping done.

That's right.

All I need to get is a Secret Santa gift and I am done.

Inorite?

A couple of years ago I told my wife Marisa, who now also writes on forum by the way, that I missed having turkey on Thanksgiving and tried to explain about the holiday. On thanksgiving day she tells me she as surprise for me. She cooked turkey. I did not know how as Thai kitchens do not have ovens. It turns out she boiled it. Boiled turkey is like eating hardwood. I did not say anything, however, as she seemed very excited to be able to make American holiday food. Now I never even mention when it is Thanksgiving. I just give thanks there is no more boiled turkey.

A couple of years ago I told my wife Marisa, who now also writes on forum by the way, that I missed having turkey on Thanksgiving and tried to explain about the holiday. On thanksgiving day she tells me she as surprise for me. She cooked turkey. I did not know how as Thai kitchens do not have ovens. It turns out she boiled it. Boiled turkey is like eating hardwood. I did not say anything, however, as she seemed very excited to be able to make American holiday food. Now I never even mention when it is Thanksgiving. I just give thanks there is no more boiled turkey.

:lol:

Guess who got almost all of their shopping done.

That's right.

All I need to get is a Secret Santa gift and I am done.

Inorite?

I am so glad to know I am not the only one who is almost done. I just have to get the Santa gift for my youngest and I am completely done.

Back