• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How do you like your coffee?

Have you ever had a real good cup of coffee from a jar, Libra?

Yes Robert,I have,but I still prefer my Nescafe instant.In the summer I have the same but cold made in a blender with a nice froth on top and sometimes a scoop of vanilla ice cream inside.:D

Yes Robert,I have,but I still prefer my Nescafe instant.In the summer I have the same but cold made in a blender with a nice froth on top and sometimes a scoop of vanilla ice cream inside.:D

I best instant coffee I've ever had was barely-palatable at best. I've had six hour old percolator coffee that was better. I'm glad it works out for you.

Black! Of course, this doesn't count those sweet Starbucks things like mochas and frappuccinos, which I have to admit, I love as well.

I love coffee :D I usually have a nice large cup of fresh coffee with just a little bit of milk first thing in the morning and a few "tinticos" during the day.
Anyone ever been to a Juan Valdez cafe? I know it's not as big as Starbucks but there are a few shops in the US.

Four locations in the D.C. area. Sweet!

I should go there when I leave the airport. Hmmmm.

Before I was 21, it was regular with lots of cream and lots of sugar.
I started to get headaches however, so decaf, one splenda packet and still lots of cream.
At cafes, I usually get a vanilla latte - I like 'em hot or iced.

Hot, Sweet and creamy

I love really strong coffee. The finer the grind (right up to espresso grind) and the darker the roast... the better... then fill the filter til it is almost completely full. Then I dump in 3 equals and a ton of coffeemate (I much prefere over milk or cream) - all served very HOT - burn the tongue hot. I know, I am a mess of paradoxes

That sounds not a little like the midwatch coffee we had when I was active duty navy. Of course, the midwatch coffee was made at 4:00 pm using as much navy coffee they could fit in the percolator basket, then it sat with the heat on until midnight. We didn't dare use a plastic spoon to mix in sugar for fear of having it desolve in the mud.

The pot about midnight sounds great to me... You just about can't make it too strong for me - at least I've never found any that was too strong. It IS possible for me to get too much caffine, however. Just a few times - but I have definately had the jitters. I admit, with a bit of embarressment, that I have thoroughly enjoyed pretty old (hours old) coffee. I have never had a spoon melt....

I have my limits on strength.

I hate the jitters. I drink less coffee then I used to so it happens a little more, but at least I don't get headaches when I don't drink enough.

Back