• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How Many Books Do You Read in a Year (approx.)?

Trolls, trolls, hmm..

No, but I read a strikingly similar story about trolls by Ray Bradbury, titled "The troll"

Pretty good, but a atrocious ending, might I add.

I don't really keep track. Less since I started high school. I don't have a steady supply of new books, so about half of my reading is things I've already read once. It gets a bit old. I'd say anywhere between fifty and a hundred books in a year, which is a huge range but I can't get more specific. In the summer, I tend to read more than in the school year. I suspect this will change in college.

I jot down the names of what I've read, and little notes about how much I did or didn't like them.

I average at about 120/yr.

I keep a spreadsheet with a list of the books I've read during the year. I usually end up reading around 40, give or take a couple.

I've only kept a list for the past two years, and for both the total was almost exactly 100. Makes sense, since I know I read about 2 books a week on average. A few more if I added in the ones I've abandoned half-way through.

It varies year to year. This year I've made it to about 80. I think the most I've read was in 2003 - 182.

I read as fast as a snail crawls: 30 books per year approx. :eek: :mad:
I've give my right arm to up the pace. Grrr. :(

akidtoons.tripod.com_snail.jpg

Well, last year I finished up with 49 books.

This year, on the other hand...keeping in mind that it was my final year of high school and I spent most of the year studying...I will finished up with 19 books.

Next year however...My aim is over 60. i work in a bookstore now so I get cheap books, and I'm only doing an arts degree, so I will have lots of time. *evil laugh*

Lani

I've read 72 books this year, that I've counted up over at CDA's forum. Plus another four or five that I've forgotten about. Unlikely to read many more (or even finish Crime and Punishment, my current read) this year now. Despite having never kept track of reads during a year, I would estimate that this is fairly typical for me.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but now I'm able to spend more time online, I will attempt to continue with the monthly statistics and compile some sort of yearly thing, unless anyone else is intending to...

I just started keeping tabs on this in June! Now, a fabulous opportunity to use this list other than for my monthly "reads".

There are currently fifty-one books on the list from the starting date in June, including three books, undated though, from May and only one completed book this month so far. I guess it would be about a hundred and change, most years. Hmm, averaging eight a month gives 96, so, eh... it's all approximate.:)

I'm keeping a list on my computer (also helps me to figure out what i'll be reading next) and I think I read about 12 this year... (most of them in the last few months).

I'd rather read 10 great books than 100 average books, though :)

When it was talked about reading more than one book at once I said that reading more than one at a time slows me down. I can wrap my mind around the different books but overall if I had read them seperately they would be completed faster. Perhaps that would work for you?

I've read 72 books this year, that I've counted up over at CDA's forum. Plus another four or five that I've forgotten about. Unlikely to read many more (or even finish Crime and Punishment, my current read) this year now. Despite having never kept track of reads during a year, I would estimate that this is fairly typical for me.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but now I'm able to spend more time online, I will attempt to continue with the monthly statistics and compile some sort of yearly thing, unless anyone else is intending to...
Good to see you around again, steffee!! We've missed your monthly statistics (as well as just you in general, of course :D ).

Back