• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How much reading time?

I can;t really say that I have a set number of minutes or hours a day that I spend reading,
Some days I'll read for a few hours, some days a few minutes, and if the book is really good I could spend all day reading. :rolleyes:

Something that always annoys me about my lifestyle isthe lack of time I put aside for pleasure reading. It depends, in the Summer I'll spend a couple of hours a day reading, but during term time, it's usually about 15 minutes a day. Shame really.

hm it depends. i don't always have time to read at home, even though lately i've been reading for 30-50 minutes before falling asleep. i dont read at home at all if i'm busy with school. i read in school, especally first period. last marking period i'd read in my 3rd period. i did today, [different teacher/class] but its annoying to have all those breaks while reading

kirsty said:
Something that always annoys me about my lifestyle isthe lack of time I put aside for pleasure reading. It depends, in the Summer I'll spend a couple of hours a day reading, but during term time, it's usually about 15 minutes a day. Shame really.

I agree, woe is life!.:D

i wish i had more time to read. i remember the time when i was 10 and 11 and i just read nonstop after school. even part of middle school. ah, the days of no schoolwork. i'm hoping i'll have time to read books outside of for classes once i go to college

It depends on how much I want to read that particular day. In my job I stay in a locked room and nobody checks up on me so if I want to I can get in a good nine hours so long as I don't fall behind, which isn't hard to do in the slow season. I know, I'm a bad person.:(

I need to spend a lot of time studying eveyday, so that kind of competes with my reading time. Usually, I can squeeze in an hour or so of reading before I go to bed.

I can't read a good book then study afterwards cuz I can't concentrate, I keep thinking about the book. :confused: On school breaks, however, I can practically read the whole day. :D

I spend a lot of time studying too. I read (leisure) when I'm sick of studying, or need a break, usually in the evening. It could be six hours straight, it could only be half an hour, but on average is about 2 hours a day for leisure reading, compared to about six-ten hours a day of reading textbooks/journals/notes etc.

I read mostly before going to bed or on journeys like the bus home from town

Thanks
Sam

Never enough! As my TBR stack will attest to quite vocally. But usually at least an hour, if I am lucky 2 hours before I sleep. Sometimes I can grab a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Gosh my workload just doubled so my reading time has been non exsistent:( Makes me sad.....all day all i want to do is just go over there and pick up my book and read for say 30 minutes but I can never get to it.

Just finished Angels & Demons, as well as M.Scott Peck's Glimpses of the Devil. The latter took me two days to read and was excellent. I forgot some good books to bring with me to my brother in law's this weekend, but I'm busy having him clean-up my home computer from viruses and garbage like that.:mad:

I'm away from home at the moment. No time to read since Friday.

<<IT IS DOING MY HEAD IN.>>

CDA said:
I'm away from home at the moment. No time to read since Friday.

<<IT IS DOING MY HEAD IN.>>

I hate getting stuck away from home without something to read. It's like leaving home without my toothbrush, only worse. Hang in there!

abecedarian said:
I hate getting stuck away from home without something to read. It's like leaving home without my toothbrush, only worse. Hang in there!

There is nothing truly more aggravating than doing that. I'll buy a book in a store or something like that when it happens, that's how bad it just gets to me. Of course, I always be sure to leave books where ever I may be able to use them unexpectedly. In the suitcase, in the car, etc.:D

Well I've got books with me, just not had time to open them. I am 5 minutes from here, and I'm going there again today. It's a kind of torture, really.

CDA said:
Well I've got books with me, just not had time to open them. I am 5 minutes from here, and I'm going there again today. It's a kind of torture, really.

Wow! Do you suppose they'd hire me to be a nightwatchman? I could handle that!

Back