• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I just finished reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im reading The Game of Thrones .
Its a great book but I started reading it right after Bone Dolls Twin (that I loved) so TGoT doesnt seem to fit to my mood.I guess if started reading it right after one of Callvells books I´d have loved it.

Lucy Talk - Fiona Walker

undefinedundefinedundefined :) :p :D I was just wondering if your've ever read a book called "Lucy Talk" it's written by Fiona Walker, i would recommend this book to anyone it's truly great!
x

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. Wow, man. This has got to be one of the freakiest vampire stories out there!! I loved it!

During my holiday I finished both Good Omens, which I adored, and Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle, which is simply brilliant.

Cheers

I just got through with Che Guevara's Guerilla Warfare. I read it while on vacation, and I don't recommend doing that. You really have to get into the book to get everything out of it. If you're really interested in starting a revolution in your country, this book will be your guide. It details the conditions that need to be met for starting a revolutionary army, and it also gives lots of details as to supplies, techniques, shelters, propaganda, networks, etc., that will be needed. It uses the Cuban revolution for its basis and examples. I won't be starting any revolutions anytime soon, but Che lived (and died) for it.

I just finished Brilliance of the Moon, the final volume in Lian Hearn's Tales of the Otori trilogy. The whole trilogy was utterly brilliant! I think it's supposed to be young adult, but I really enjoyed it. A love story set in Japan, where rigid social codes have to be followed and many battles fought before Lord Otori Takeo can claim his rightful inheritance and be with the woman he loves. The writing is superb, and really brings to life the violent lives of the warrior class, and women's complete lack of any kind of power or status. The warrior's code means the trilogy has lots of violence and extremely nasty "honourable" deaths, but none of the violence is gratuitous and everything makes sense. I can't recommend this trilogy highly enough.

I just finished re-reading Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood. She's such a fantastic author, with a great command of the English language. She can make anything interesting! :D

frankenstein - enjoyed the de niro film more then the book - but for a book that is almost 200yrs old great story

five people you meet in heaven - some reviews i read for this book said it was uplifting - parts of it left me angry and ending was depressing .. ? lol ?

i just finished Mrs Dalloway. it was my first Virginia Woolf novel (novella). i really enjoyed Woolf's style of writing, the way she followed the random thoughts of the characters. the plot itself was a bit slow for me (i enjoyed more fast paced stories) but i didn't expect an action-packed read so i wasn't disappointed. Woolf is amazing at finding the most profound ideas in the simplest of things.

"Walk two Moons" by Sharon Creech (for the second time) If you want a really complicated story filled with suprise at the end, this book's for you! (Beware, the first half of teh book bombs! lol)

I finished "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving a few days ago. It was a pretty good story. I liked the ending, even if it kinda flopped it was so depressing. Don't get me wrong, the ending wasn't sad nor was it disappointing but those are the only words coming to mind.

Cannery Row - John Steinbeck - i enjoyed this book more then On The Road

Violets Are Blue - James Patterson - the ending blows
not enough Mastermind in this one
the main story about the vampire killers was ok

Last week, I finished 2 at the same time - George Alec Effinger's A Fire in the Sand (sequel to When Gravity Fails), and the audiobook version of The Life of Pi.

ds

Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut
this book makes me want to check out more of his books
best book i have read this year. (lol 11 days in)

The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy

Great book but sometimes a bit too twisted. The language is fabulous! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back