• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I noticed something.

RaVeN said:
Seriously Litany?

Yes. Seriously. I never lie.

And as to the avatar, I mean that do your compliments come with an ulterior (and sexy) motive? As I understand it, you're an engaged woman now.

Stella Leanna said:
I'm beginning to notice words such as "hump" "sexy" and "legs".

PERVERTS! :p

WATCH IT!! :mad: That's my family you're talking about.

Them there's fightin woids! :mad:

RaVeN

Litany said:
And as to the avatar, I mean that do your compliments come with an ulterior (and sexy) motive? As I understand it, you're an engaged woman now.

LMFAO! I never knew you were a naughty one Litany!

No comment.

=P

RaVeN said:
WATCH IT!! :mad: That's my family you're talking about.

Them there's fightin woids! :mad:

RaVeN

Oops sorry father abraham ;)

You don't mind if I whisper it, don't you?
perverts!

PS. I didn't mean that in an offensive way ;)

Thank you for your informative reply Litany, i now know more than i ever wanted to about Coal Mining Dogs :D

But seriously (;)), how would you go about training a dog to mine, to be honest i could do with hitting a vein of gold or something (my pirate forefathers failed to draw a map after burying the family treasure, and hence we have never found it again!!)

Phil

phil_t said:
But seriously (;)), how would you go about training a dog to mine, to be honest i could do with hitting a vein of gold or something (my pirate forefathers failed to draw a map after burying the family treasure, and hence we have never found it again!!)

It's quite simply really. Dogs simply can't resist the smell of bumble bees. So, when we got home from the cotton mill, our father would send us out to the bumble bee fields near the old, abandoned gin factory, where we would milk the bees for their scented essence. We would bring this essence to our father who would then rub it onto small amounts of coal, and other precious, minable items. These he would bury in various locations about the town. The dogs would then be unable to help themselves. Tempted forth by the delicious aroma of all that is beesome they would dig up all the buried goodies and return home with them. My father, would then swap the dug up items for chocolate covered toenail clippings, a delicacy for any dog.

My father then began to cut back on the amount of essence he rubbed onto the coal. So, more and more, the dogs associated the smell of the coal itself with the reward of clippings. Then it was simply a matter of pointing them towards the mine and reaping the rewards of coal ownership.

Litany, i can tell that you are very good at spinning yarns, i enjoyed that :)

Not that i doubt the veracity of your claims, obviously!! :p

Training shouldnt be too hard, i dont think we'd have to bother with the chocolate covering for the toenails, she'd eat them without it :D

Phil

Mort said:
I've noticed at times that if I bury my nose in a cat's fur, especially the top of the head, it smells a bit like cosmetics or perfume. And their feet smell kind of like popcorn (though dogs' feet smell like popcorn too).
I've not noticed the popcorn bit, but I have noticed the cosmetic smell. Kinda sweet, almost. And they all smell differently.

Silly Wabbit said:
And cats don't try to have sex with your leg! :eek:
SO true! So true! I hate when dogs do that!

Litany said:
But cats smell too though. They leave this smell in the house. It's hard to describe. A little musty I suppose. But I think cat owners get used to it and cant smell it anymore. Dogs do smell worse, they've got very stinky breath, and their coats tend to have a greasy gloss to them that can coat your hands a bit. If you rub your hands together afterwards this black stuff starts to come off. Quite icky. Cat food smells far worse than dog food though.

I've owned both cats and dogs, and they both smell. But you put up with it if it's your pet.
I notice that with male cats, but not females. Male cats smell worse...

phil_t said:
Luckily Malamutes are one of the least smelly dogs you can get, dont shed all that much and the smell isnt that noticable after a while, especially if you keep the place they live well ventilated. :)

Oops maybe I did omit to mention when we got her that she will shed her coat heavily about twice a year (don't worry, it only took a couple of black bags to fill Storms coat when he shed it last :eek: )

Back