• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I noticed something.

Late to the thread but anyway, better late then never. So, my avatar is a dragon and a teapot(I'm considering changing it again, I am unable to make up my mind), it's not exactly an animal. It's a tiny little tea dragon, with a sweet smile and the secret ability to kill.
I also have a habit of looking at avatars before names and getting an idea of the person because of their avatar choice, of course, I do the same with signatures...

Stella Leanna said:
I see you're a cat person :D
Yeah. I pretty much can't stand dogs. They drool on you. You pet 'em and your hands stink. You have to hunt all over the yard for their leavings. They bark. They need to be entertained. etc...

Just my opinion... being a cat person and all.

Stella Leanna said:
Yes I did! =P

Most people have animals for avatars.

Nothing, it's just cute.

Talk to me, I'm bored. =/

UPDATE: YEAH! I've no originality, but my avatar is a ninja donkey. Thank you Raven and Wabbit for the wonderful idea. =P
Hmm, my Avater is a...reptile! :p

Mort said:
Yeah. I pretty much can't stand dogs. They drool on you. You pet 'em and your hands stink. You have to hunt all over the yard for their leavings. They bark. They need to be entertained. etc...

They do smell....I always feel filthy after petting a dog, but my cats lay on me all day long and I don't feel dirty at all (just a bit furry....being that their shedding and all). My husband (a dog-person) doesn't understand about dogs smelling bad...then again, he has no sense of smell.

And they're loud, I prefer quiet, though my cats can be quite chatty.

And you do know where their leavings are....which is a huge benefit.

Cats are indeed superior. Of course, I'm also a dedicated cat-person, but that's due to the fact that cats are simply better.

But cats smell too though. They leave this smell in the house. It's hard to describe. A little musty I suppose. But I think cat owners get used to it and cant smell it anymore. Dogs do smell worse, they've got very stinky breath, and their coats tend to have a greasy gloss to them that can coat your hands a bit. If you rub your hands together afterwards this black stuff starts to come off. Quite icky. Cat food smells far worse than dog food though.

I've owned both cats and dogs, and they both smell. But you put up with it if it's your pet.

VTChEwbecca said:
They do smell....I always feel filthy after petting a dog, but my cats lay on me all day long and I don't feel dirty at all (just a bit furry....being that their shedding and all).
I've noticed at times that if I bury my nose in a cat's fur, especially the top of the head, it smells a bit like cosmetics or perfume. And their feet smell kind of like popcorn (though dogs' feet smell like popcorn too).

:eek: Quit looking at me like that. The smell of dogs' and cats' feet was pointed out to me by someone else.

VTChEwbecca said:
Cats are indeed superior. Of course, I'm also a dedicated cat-person, but that's due to the fact that cats are simply better.
Hmm... I never thought about that, but it's true!

Luckily Malamutes are one of the least smelly dogs you can get, dont shed all that much and the smell isnt that noticable after a while, especially if you keep the place they live well ventilated. :)

And ive never noticed the black, greasy stuff, mebbe thats just YOU Litany ;)

Dog food, though, yuck!! Especially the BARF stuff (raw meat) which i cant stand, so i just let Ice do all the feeding :D

Just for the record, our dog has never attempted to hump anyones leg :p Yay for females!!

Phil (somewhat reluctant Dog owner, lets just say it wasnt my idea :rolleyes: )

phil_t said:
And ive never noticed the black, greasy stuff, mebbe thats just YOU Litany ;)
Maybe it had something to do with training all our dogs to be coal miners then? :confused:

I'll have you know that i have very sexy legs!!

Seriously Litany? Coal Miners?? The way our dog digs i think she might well be trying - she dug a huge hole in my parents lawn the other day, boy were they NOT impressed :D

Phil

Mort said:

I'm both a cat and dog person.

The only thing I don't like about dogs is when they start getting really active and then they attack my feet o_o

Stella Leanna said:
a very cute reptile I might add :D
Are you making a pass at her avatar?

phil_t said:
Seriously Litany? Coal Miners??

I find it odd that you should start that post with the word 'seriously'. Are you suggesting that there's a chance I may be fibbing? Do you doubt the veracity of my words?

We trained them all to become coal miners. It's completely true. During the Coal Strikes of '73, coal was in such short supply that we really had no choice. Normally it would have been against my father's nature to send a family pet out to work, but since all us kids were already busy working in the cotton mills he simply had no choice. Anyhoo, as luck would have it, our family is descended from a long line of pirates. One of whom, in the dim and murky past had actually stolen a coal mine from one of his ex-wives and hidden in it our back garden. Once Dad had made up some helmets to fit, and found a suitable canary to assist, he sent the whippets down the mine with shovels and buckets, and soon they were bringing up coal. After the vomiting had stopped and he'd trained them not to eat the goods, we soon had enough coal to supply the whole of the eastern seaboard. Made our millions we did. Of course we lost it all again in the Great Squid Famine of '95 but that's a different story.

Bertie Whippet, the best of of coaly canines is actually mentioned in the Guiness Book of World Records. Though not for coal mining. He was the first dog ever to have five consecutive number one hit records. Amazing but true.

Back