• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I started work for McDonalds yesterday and now i am suicidal.

It should have to be like the first time you deal with an irritated customer that yells at you for no particular reason.

Try working as IT-support on the phone.
Its great to get hurled abuse at you because the customer dont understand computers at all.

I don't understand why so many people have to hate on fast food. Don't eat so damn much of it.

But this is moreso about working there I suppose. I think it's one of those things that everyone should have to go through. Like a rite of passage for the modern day or something. Instead of going to war or killing our first grizzly with our bare hands, we should all have to work at a burger joint. That way instead of painting our faces with the blood of our falled prey, we will be painted with the grease burns.
It should have to be like the first time you deal with an irritated customer that yells at you for no particular reason. After you calmly deal with that customer, the rest of the employees come up behind you, wipe ketchup and mustard on your face and then make an X on your chest with metal fries and excessive grease.
Those who don't make it through the rite of passage get a mark of shame, like the symbol of whatever fast food place it is marked on their left cheek.

I have burn scars from my pizza shop career. Does that count as rite of passage?

I don't understand why so many people have to hate on fast food. Don't eat so damn much of it.

But this is moreso about working there I suppose. I think it's one of those things that everyone should have to go through. Like a rite of passage for the modern day or something. Instead of going to war or killing our first grizzly with our bare hands, we should all have to work at a burger joint. That way instead of painting our faces with the blood of our falled prey, we will be painted with the grease burns.
It should have to be like the first time you deal with an irritated customer that yells at you for no particular reason. After you calmly deal with that customer, the rest of the employees come up behind you, wipe ketchup and mustard on your face and then make an X on your chest with metal fries and excessive grease.
Those who don't make it through the rite of passage get a mark of shame, like the symbol of whatever fast food place it is marked on their left cheek.

Bravo!!:D :D :D :D

I'm sure it's happening at fast food places to young workers at this very moment.

Try working as IT-support on the phone.
Its great to get hurled abuse at you because the customer dont understand computers at all.
Agreed. Or getting yelled at for somebody else's mistake. "You guys messed this up for me last time." You guys? Do I have a partner that I'm unaware of? Did my alter ego destroy your precious computer?

The only problem is that I can't think of anything really ritualistic there. Pour hot coffee over their body? Brand them with an IT mark?

I just started working there too... SUCKS its been less then 2 months and i really can barly handle the boredom of working there. Need another job and fast.

It said on the news that a Mc Donald's was really robbed by a guy dressed as the Hamburglar. He just took cash and women though.

but the disguise may have been a coincidence. the hamburglar dresses pretty standard for a burglar.

But it is working in McDonalds, serving that garbage and having to tell people to: 'have a nice day'. There have to be compensations.

everyone loves to say have a nice day with a hint of irony. I can't take a hint.

whenever I go to a store the clerk acts like 'have a nice day' is an anvil that he is waiting to drop on my head, and they always wait till I'm at the door.....

"Oh, and sir?"

"Yeah?"

"Have a nice daAAaaaaayyy"

"Auugh yuh got me varmit!"

Why is everyone picking on McD? When you travel, you know that they have reliably clean rest rooms. And no one gives you the hard eye when you stop to use one of them.

I don't eat their hamburgers but have a secret liking for chicken mcnuggets - with honey mustard sauce.

Why is everyone picking on McD? When you travel, you know that they have reliably clean rest rooms. And no one gives you the hard eye when you stop to use one of them.

I don't eat their hamburgers but have a secret liking for chicken mcnuggets - with honey mustard sauce.

well you use the women's restroom. There's a good reason God made man able to go while standing up.

McDonald's..... why don't they have Ronald McDonald mixing it up with the righteous college crowd on those new commercials?

Helgi, new icon? I've been gone for a while.

The thing I enjoy most about fast food places is their breakfast food. It's like a greasy spoon that doesn't take a ten minutes. After a night out, it's one of the greatest places to go.

Favorite American fast food place:
White Castle.

They really need to revamp the image that working at McDonald's has. Same with every fast food place. Though, I really enjoy the way they advertise in the paper. "Enjoy a great job with plenty of advancement and a positive working environment!" Stupid stuff like that. As if they're fooling somebody. As if there is somebody out there who doesn't know how miserable that job is.

I used to have a serious Oreo McFlurry thing and have bought so many at the drive-through that I certainly feel entitled to use their restrooms on road trips without buying anything at the time. Fortunately, the McFlurry machine at the McD's right down the street from where I used to live was broken so often that I got over the McFlurry thing.

I love the photo of "best worker of the week" i'd say it's a sort of punition,"if you f..k up again we put your picture here"

To be honest,food is ok in a nasty sort of way,but the smell of a take away say like in a bus is really disgusting.I find it expensive to,like here for the price of a "meal" stuff you can have a nice lunch for 2.

White Castle.

White Castle is great for those after midnight food runs after you've indulged in your favored extra-curricular activity.

I'd take Culvers over White Castle any day though.

Helgi, new icon? I've been gone for a while.

The thing I enjoy most about fast food places is their breakfast food. It's like a greasy spoon that doesn't take a ten minutes. After a night out, it's one of the greatest places to go.

White Castle.

They really need to revamp the image that working at McDonald's has. Same with every fast food place. Though, I really enjoy the way they advertise in the paper. "Enjoy a great job with plenty of advancement and a positive working environment!" Stupid stuff like that. As if they're fooling somebody. As if there is somebody out there who doesn't know how miserable that job is.

I been gone for a while too, clowning around at college, but still getting good grades haha. I put the Avatar yesterday I think

I'd take Culvers over White Castle any day though.

Culvers is the exact opposite of White Castle.
White Castle = 800 burgers for 5 dollars and more grease than an autoshop.
Culvers = 1/8th of a burger for 5 dollars and more butter than Wisconsin can produce in a year.

White Castle = a menu that hasn't changed since it's first appearance to Columbus in 1492 (it was the first fast food place, started in the West Indies....)
Culvers = a menu that changes every day (flava-flava of the dizay).

White Castle = the tiniest burgers mankind has ever produced. I read somewhere that White Castle once steamed a burger the size of an atom.
Culvers = a two-handed burger that was made to be held in King Kong's hands. I read somewhere that Culvers started out sacrificing vixens in its burgers because King Kong was its target market.

In seriousness, I totally understand your preference. I just prefer White Castle to Culvers. But I think that's the rarity of White Castle and the multitude of Culvers. I do honestly believe that they can't be compared really though.

In seriousness, I totally understand your preference. I just prefer White Castle to Culvers. But I think that's the rarity of White Castle and the multitude of Culvers. I do honestly believe that they can't be compared really though.

I hear ya. When I lived in Kansas City, there were Culvers a plenty but no White Castle. Hell, where I am now there zero Culvers and one White Castle 130 miles away. That's OK though because there is a Five Guys close enough.

Believe me, when I am traveling and see a White Castle, that's where I am dining. White Castle over the Golden Arches and day of the week. Except for breakfast. Steak & egg bagel > all other fast food breakfast.

Back