• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I think I need to get an avatar!

RaVeN said:
First you'll have to tell me who Sid James and Terry Thomas are. :confused:
Your education is very sadly lacking.

Terry Thomas was a cad and a bounder and one of my favourite actors of ever. There's a photo of him here, you've maybe seen him in a film and not realised.

Apart from the beard, Sid James is probably the man you wish you were, except that he's dead. He was very smutty and spent a lot of time staring at boobies. He was the main star of most of the Carry On Films, which were a series of British innuendo based, semi-farcical comedies. He had the filthiest laugh in the world.
http://www.btinternet.com/~a.n.preece/sidjames.htm

Thank you Litany for broadening Raven's education. :) I can't believe he hasn't heard of the Carry On films - I thought he'd based himself on Sid James. :D
School for Scoundrels - that's a great film! :D

I think we should start a fund. Amazon do a collection of 17 Carry On films for just under £150, which should be enough to get him started. Though you would run the risk of losing him to Barbara Windsor.

Litany said:
Terry Thomas was a cad and a bounder and one of my favourite actors of ever. There's a photo of him here, you've maybe seen him in a film and not realised.

I was very mistaken. I have seen a few of the Terry Thomas films and even knew his name, but I thought there was a different, younger Thomas that you were speaking of.

I was correct concerning Sid James though. I've never seen or heard of the gent before.

And now I suppose I'm going to have to find out who Barbara Windsor is.

RaVeN

Litany said:
I think we should start a fund. Amazon do a collection of 17 Carry On films for just under £150, which should be enough to get him started. Though you would run the risk of losing him to Barbara Windsor.

Hey, all I need to do is lose the Yorkshire accent, cultivate a cockney one instead and dye my hair blonde and I would be Barbara Windsor! :)

I suppose it's too much to hope that you work in a greengrocers?

'Ooh, you've got some lovely melons.'

LOL! :) Unfortunately, I do not work in a greengrocers. Still, I'm sure Raven can think up his usual excellent standard of double entendres without any extra help!

Litany said:
I suppose it's too much to hope that you work in a greengrocers?

Would an ocassional juicy cherry be too much to ask for? :D

But I guess at my age, I'm lucky to get a wrinkled prune now and then. :eek:

RaVeN
(who's starting to enjoy this South Beach Diet :p )

RaVeN said:
Would an ocassional juicy cherry be too much to ask for? :D

RaVeN
(who's starting to enjoy this South Bitch Diet :p )

Yes, it would be too much to ask for. :p And I do hope that's a typo in your last sentence, or I'm going to become rather testy. :mad: And that's something you don't really want to see. ;)

Of course it wa a typo, PJ. :(

I've corrected my mistake and will think twice before feeling my oats in public. :eek:

RaVeN

Litany: I don't prefer any sort of diet. Diet is a dirty word in my vocabulary. Although if I had to choose, a Northern diet would obviously be far superior to a Southern one. :p

Raven: I forgive you. I know that you would never write anything that would cause anyone any offence. :D :p

lahondas said:
still looking for an avatar Halo??

Sort of! In a kind of "when I can be bothered to but I don't know what to do with one when I've finally chosen it anyway" way. Still couldn't decide on the piccie, until last night's gig: now I want a MORRISSEY one!! :)

MORRISSEY!!!!

is this it?
Halo said:
Sort of! In a kind of "when I can be bothered to but I don't know what to do with one when I've finally chosen it anyway" way. Still couldn't decide on the piccie, until last night's gig: now I want a MORRISSEY one!! :)

MORRISSEY!!!!

Thanks lahondas, there are some quite good ones there! :) On the other hand though, if I choose one of Morrissey everyone will probably think I'm male. :rolleyes: Maybe I should get one of Halo Jones (who I'm named after) instead ... *wanders off indecisively*

This Halo Jones:

aimg15.exs.cx_img15_5227_HALO3.th.jpg

Cool!

Here's one:

130303haloS.gif

Cheers

What's that first one? That's not drawn by Ian Gibson is it? *grumbles at the liberties taken*
However, that second piccie looks pretty much spot on, thanks Martin! :) Now, in words of two syllables or less for the technologically challenged, how do I make it my avatar?! :D

Back