• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I try to explain

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of movie Revenge of the Nerds. I think I have probably done things some of you people think exist only in video games. Army guy says if you don't want anything known do not post it. Other guy says he doesn't believe me. So if it were not true, would I care if someone knew it? This is disjointed thinking. Polly says she cannot muster kindness, for some reason. I see you are from Holland. I think perhaps you are one of those women who tries to stop the leaks in those big walls that keep the place from flooding. That is a riddle. perhaps you can figure it out. I doubt it.

But speaking of misunderstanding. I think the breakdown in communication is from talking on different levels. It would be better if I used dude talk. Like:

Dude we have really gnarly forum dude. it is totally awesome dude. Like we read books like and I mean sometimes even like not on a kindle or an ebook like sometimes like a real book like in ancient times dude with paper and pictures and stuff, and it is totally awesome but then this geezer dude like he don't agree dude like what is up with that s--t, dude? So we banned his ass dude because we don't go with that kind of s--t dude, but he changed his name dude can you believe that and I got a headache and we were all like like that is cold, dude, and like he said some black people were black and he watches Fox news and we don't like that s--t man he got to watch news like we do or we gonna ban his ass dude.But we gotta ban his ass man because I am so stressed now man . Totally. Dude.

Actually, your 10 day ban had nothing to do with your opinions -- your ban was for having duplicate accounts, remember?

And now having called Polly Parrot a dyke, I think it is fair to say that you two are now even.

Fair enough. My wife is upset and confused by all this arguing. She says, "You say forum about book. This not about book. I no like when people angry. I only want to read book. Can you tell boss forum to cut off fight and talk about book." She asks me to explain what argument is about, and I am unable to do so. Thai people do not understand sarcasm at all and my wife does not know or care anything about politics, which I am sure makes her a happier person. She also says,"You not know people forum. Why you care forum believe you or not?"
This is also a good point. Thai people hate confrontation of any kind, even anonymously. She does not understand we farang thrive on this. I am now confusing myself so I quit. I should go talk to monk about this.

Did you show her the other parts of the forum? You know, the ones that actually talk about books.

FWIW, the Jim Thompson book you talked about sounds interesting.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

I hate you so much right now.

I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use that quote here at BAR.

Now the opportunity is lost. Like tears in the rain.

SEE? It has lost its impact.

I won't go out in a blaze of glory impaled on a gargoyle after falling off the room of a building in the rain. I will just fall asleep and it will be anticlimactic. You might even be sorry for me and question your own humanity. You can bet on that.

*sigh* What happened to good ole light hearted sarcasm entwined with facts and annoyances that are more appropriate for BAR? Must we name call? lol

We each have choices to participate or not in a thread or discussion.

I won't go out in a blaze of glory impaled on a gargoyle after falling off the room of a building in the rain. I will just fall asleep and it will be anticlimactic. You might even be sorry for me and question your own humanity. You can bet on that.

Did you really have to bring up Bon Jovi?

Yes I have read Thompson book several times. There is a fictional novel called The Secret Agent by Francine Matthews, who retired from CIA, which is according to her the solution of Thompson's disappearance, told in a fictional form. I have looked all over for this book but never found it. There is also a book called The King Never Smiles, which is banned in Thailand due to law of lese majeste and is biography of King Bhumibol, which I would like to read but of course cannot find it here. I did once find it in a bookstore in Laos, but it was very expensive, as it is so hard to find.

Some people will be surprised maybe, but I do recognize the speech from Blade Runner, when Rutger Hauer is dying. For the record, I have not seen any battles on any other planets. However, there are some members who may have.

Yes my wife does know about the section which actually deals with books. She has written to these forums actually. She is "shy", as Thai people say, about this as her English is not very good. I showed her postings of some other members here, so perhaps she will not feel that way in the future.

derpderp derp derp... nerp nerp derp derp yerp derp derpderp derp derp... nerp nerp derp derp yerp derpderpderp derp derp... nerp nerp derp derp yerp derpderpderp derp derp... nerp nerp derp derp yerp derpderpderp derp derp... nerp nerp derp derp yerp derp derpderp derp derp... nerp nerp derp derp yerp derp derpderp derp derp... nerp nerp derp derp yerp derp
I'm not sure I'm following you. Maybe you should switch back to your phony bad English.

Did he really say that, or is there a rule on this forum against misrepresenting what some one else has said? Sorry to be so square, but I think it has to be asked now that it has happened.
:confused:

You are not following me? I never wrote derp derp nerp or whatever you are saying. What is that supposed to mean? It means nothing. See this is what I mean about Revenge of the Nerds. I do not know how to do these computer tricks. In real world fight, I would have no problem. But in internet world fight, I have no chance. Anyway, I think this should be against forum rules. I am making a complaint. I say enough dumb stuff myself without people saying even dumber stuff, and then saying I said it. But I would not write nerp,derp,derp or whatever that means. Also I would not send a photo of a flower with dogs head. This makes a much sense as most of the things you write dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back