• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

i'm drunk

did somebody say something about AA..oh shoot...i missed the meeting again this week....oh well, now where'd i put my wine?

ok i 'll have a drink and i will raise my glass to bobbyburns, the mofo, and i will say no more. i have said my peace and now i will mourn in silence.

jenngorham said:
neither.

i suddenly really do need a drink. bobby has been banned.

I go away for a few hours of knitting and miss everything. Is he banned for life or has he just been sent to his room for a week to think things over?

yes, 2 olives please...I know this sounds, ok IS a silly question, but why exactly? (or arent we allowed to talk about it)

i think that if you have direct questions you can pm any of the mods, but it is ok to talk about him being gone. as far as i know.

jenngorham said:
ok i 'll have a drink and i will raise my glass to bobbyburns, the mofo, and i will say no more. i have said my peace and now i will mourn in silence.

With luck, Mr. Burns goes on to a better place, or two, that I can think of, so mourn not. If he joins those banned before him, there will be much rejoicing, and the usual assortment of naked womens, naughty words, and profound discussion on spanking techniques. Or he may chose to swim in the tranquil waters of a quiet place where books are discussed. Or both.

Now, someone point me in the direction of the gin and tonics. We've been out of limes at my place for just ages.

thank you irene. again you bring serenity to a mad mad world.

i have made you a double with lots of lovely limes. chip?

jenngorham said:
thank you irene. again you bring serenity to a mad mad world.

i have made you a double with lots of lovely limes. chip?

Thank you! Sure, I'll have a chip. Serenity isn't all that hard, except when your favorite web hangout is closed until it can be moved to a new server...then all hell breaks out and a gin and tonic becomes your best pal.

Should we call out for a pizza? I've got the best pizza delivery guy...cutest pert little bottom you've ever seen!

I have a drinking related question, ginger ale is sold as a drink mixer, what does it mix with? I've never had a drink with ginger ale in it, but I do like ginger ale. Rum is my drink of choice, but it sadly does not mix with ginger ale :eek:

yes pizza and dancing girls, and boys. we will have a huge bash in honour of bobby and likely somebody will get arrested. i hope it's my sister, the bum....

rye and ginger. canadian club rye whiskey and sussex ginger ale. yum. sadly sussex ginger is only available in the maritimes.

jenngorham said:
yes pizza and dancing girls, and boys. we will have a huge bash in honour of bobby and likely somebody will get arrested. i hope it's my sister, the bum....

More likely that mine will get arrested (if she's not actually in jail right now), it's the sort of thing she does. And Mr. Burns is the type of pal who nurses me through occasions like that. He and some of the other disappeared.

So I'll put some Autobahn on the stereo 'cause Mr. Burns likes that sort of thing and then I'll go track down an appropriate Krishnamurti quote or maybe something by Pynchon. Or a few quotes from Mystery Science Theater 3000.

jenngorham said:

Yes it's such a bummer, who will I pester now? who will keep me informed on important happenings like planet x?

he would like that. *sniff, sniff* i'm now a bit drunk and don't want to get sentimental, it's so unattractive when you are slurring and stumbling....

PLANET X!!!!!!!

irene has a longer history than anyone with bobby. i will rally to her side, even though she is the pillar of strength and i am a blubbering mess.

jenngorham said:
he would like that. *sniff, sniff* i'm now a bit drunk and don't want to get sentimental, it's so unattractive when you are slurring and stumbling....

yes, but so amusing for the rest of us. :D

Back