• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

i'm drunk

jenngorham said:
garlic cheese fingers with donair sauce. i will say no more.

Okay, what the heck is 'donair' sauce?

I don't think I saw that in any of the squirt pumps at 7-11...

:confused:

leckert said:
Okay, what the heck is 'donair' sauce?

I don't think I saw that in any of the squirt pumps at 7-11...

:confused:

i think it is an east coast canadian thing. my cousin married an american and when they came for visit and he had a donair he thought his was rotten. it is a sweet, slighty spicy sauce made of vinegar, condensed milk, salt, garlic and sugar. sounds foul and most non- maritimers find it disgusting. but with donair meat and raw onions, yum.

jenngorham said:
...but with donair meat and raw onions, yum.

Okay, now you are using 'donair' to refer to some sort of meat product?

Are there 'donair' farms in Eastern Canada? Do donairs travel in herds, or flocks, or gaggles?

Is a donair best deep fried, baked, or rolled in sugar?

Could one put a donair on a cracker or a sandwich? (mmmm.... cracker sandwich....) or would you more likely dunk it in a glass of cold milk?

:confused: again! (still?)

oh my, i think i have to come back to america and make a visit to canada when i'm 21 and can drink LEGALLY.... (what a crap is that, can vote with 18 but drink with 21?) adn experience all the 7/11's...

leckert said:
Okay, now you are using 'donair' to refer to some sort of meat product?

Are there 'donair' farms in Eastern Canada? Do donairs travel in herds, or flocks, or gaggles?

Is a donair best deep fried, baked, or rolled in sugar?

Could one put a donair on a cracker or a sandwich? (mmmm.... cracker sandwich....) or would you more likely dunk it in a glass of cold milk?

:confused: again! (still?)

donair meat is spiced meat, beef, it comes on a large stick and it is slowly grilled. then the hot meat is shaved off and served in pita with onions, tomatoes lettuce and a sauce. typically it is a tzatziki(sp?) type sauce but here in the maritimes we serve it with sweet sauce.someone's site on donairs

if this link takes you just to the menu click on donairs and you will see one.here

@ jenn, i think that is what we call Doener in Germany and it is a turkish speciality... we get it in little shops along the road and it is one of the only things you're able to find 24 hours a day... it tastes awsome and i actually miss it, but i don't know if we have the same sauces... we have garlic and herbes and some others i never tried...

honeydevil said:
oh my, i think i have to come back to america and make a visit to canada when i'm 21 and can drink LEGALLY.... (what a crap is that, can vote with 18 but drink with 21?) adn experience all the 7/11's...
But it's legal at 19 here, hd (18 in Quebec). I couldn't agree with you more, btw. I think even 19 is ridiculous - every university student that wants to drinks does anyway. I much prefer 18, and it's what we have in Australia.

(in Germany we can drink beer and wine, that means light alc with 16, can smoke with 16 (cigarettes), can drive and vote with 18 and rent a car and adopt children with 21...)

no you should come home so that we can drink and forum together. we would be an unstoppable force...bwa hahahahhahahhaha

ricky said:
yet again..i have had one too many glasses of wine...egad...should i seek counselling? :eek:

Today you have an excuse. I think many of us have had too many this weekend.

jenngorham said:
no you should come home so that we can drink and forum together. we would be an unstoppable force...bwa hahahahhahahhaha

mwahahahahaha!!! i can feel the power.....ack, is that my voice? is that my voice?

where are a) honeydevil and b) mr michel????!!
dammit, they always miss the party! oh miss HD...i know you are out there..........

mehastings said:
Today you have an excuse. I think many of us have had too many this weekend.

oh, if only it were that...an excuse.... :p ..it is a good one and no one would fault me the next day!!

well i am a tiny bit drunk, just tiny. i called my sister whose name is LAURIE DAMMIT ALL TO HELL I CAN'T WRITE RICKY ANYMORE, SHE IS NAMED AFTER A TRAILER PARK BOYS CHARACTER!!!!!!!! anyway, laurie mentioned her lovely, i'm drunk thread, and as i do hate to spam,*cough, cough sputter sputter* i thought i would just post here a hello, and good night. good night.

jenngorham..if that is your real name, i am shocked, amazed, dumfounded that you revealed my true identity..now i must go and find another forum and create another personality....wait..wait...i'm drunk, so what do i care? blab away.....

Back