• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is Fox News evil or stupid?

Is Fox News evil or stupid?

• Evil. Muahahahahahaha

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Stupid. Hurr Durr Derp Derp

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Neither. There is a resonable explanation which I will now present.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Stewart. Fox News is both evil and stupid.

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
Have you, any of you, ever sat down and watched Glen Beck speak his mind on Fox? If the answer is no, then I urge you to please do so at least one time. He might not win you over, but he will make you think. That is a certainty.

__

Yeah, I have.

I too hope the "blithering idiot" kinds of remarks are avoided even if the OP seems to invite them. This is not the Mature Discussion thread where, for all I know, such "mature" remarks might be permitted and enjoyed.

I don't know why some people reply to a different opinion on the topic with a personal attack at the person, but it happens too much all across the web. This thread has turned into a good example of why to avoid discussions of politics, religion and that other one, in social and friendly situations.

Sorry for the sermon, and maybe I am preaching to the choir, but I fear nothing will change; however, the opportunity was there. Now maybe is time to move this thread elsewhere. Or else complain on an already existing thread about Peder being a thread-killer.

Name-calling is a low form of "discussing" that doesn't belong in any section.

I don't see why discussions on politics and religion should be avoided, if you don't want to participate in them simply don't open or reply to the thread; no-one is forcing you to look anywhere. And any topic can be discussed in a respectful, or social and friendly, manner.

In short, there is no need to move this thread anywhere.

As for AquaBlue: you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else is. However, if you choose to express said opinion people should be able to criticise and comment on it.

There. I feel diplomatic today.

It's quite rude/wrong to label me an idiot so please stop doing so. No direct insults. You all should know better.

__

It's quite rude/wrong to label me an idiot so please stop doing so. No direct insults. You all should know better.

__

OK AquaBlue, take a deep breath and kindly show me where in this thread someone besides seedeeaaa called you an idiot.

Beer good asked you a question. I know I am eager to hear your answer. :flowers:

How are you so sure spark? To me he seemed very direct. I sure hope that you are right because I do not favor such ugly words directed at me. But you say he is guiltless. Explain.

__

I am unable to view the movie. Tell me what it says in a nutshell.

__

Since you're the one who accused Jon Stewart of not being an American, I was assuming you based it on something. Since it's not what he actually said, what is it?

And no, Aqua, Peder wasn't calling you an idiot. Read his post again.

How are you so sure spark? To me he seemed very direct. I sure hope that you are right because I do not favor such ugly words directed at me. But you say he is guiltless. Explain.

__

The best person to explain what Peder was trying to say is Peder himself, but since you asked me to explain him, here goes:

I too hope the "blithering idiot" kinds of remarks are avoided even if the OP seems to invite them.

It seems pretty clear to me that he wants to avoid name calling because he says that he hopes that those "kind of remarks are avoided".

In fact, he goes on to reiterate that point:

I don't know why some people reply to a different opinion on the topic with a personal attack at the person, but it happens too much all across the web.

If I missed something that you didn't, I'd like to hear about it.

I don't know why you are turning against someone who was actually decrying the initial name calling.

Boy these liberal shows are making things up as they go. Don't believe the punchline statements that are tailer made to confuse and detour an vast audience of TV viewers away from the truth - reality. This a liberal show. Glen Beck spends hours displaying demonstrating all the garbage, dangerous anti-American garbage, to a nationwide audience. He is worthy viewing and not Comedy Central.

__

Since you're the one who accused Jon Stewart of not being an American, I was assuming you based it on something. Since it's not what he actually said, what is it?

And no, Aqua, Peder wasn't calling you an idiot. Read his post again.

If I said that Stewart was NOT an American then I was wrong. He is an American. Wrong viewpoint though.

__

Back