• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is Fox News evil or stupid?

Is Fox News evil or stupid?

• Evil. Muahahahahahaha

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Stupid. Hurr Durr Derp Derp

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Neither. There is a resonable explanation which I will now present.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Stewart. Fox News is both evil and stupid.

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
Boy these liberal shows are making things up as they go. Don't believe the punchline statements that are tailer made to confuse and detour an vast audience of TV viewers away from the truth - reality. This a liberal show. Glen Beck spends hours displaying demonstrating all the garbage, dangerous anti-American garbage, to a nationwide audience. He is worthy viewing and not Comedy Central.

__

So which bits in the video, exactly, were incorrect?

The fact is that the grand majority, if not all foreign nations, HATE America...they belittle us, do they not? Ignore all their observations and opinions.

What nonsense. Is there a whole bunch of stuff the US government does that I don't like. Yes, there most certainly is. Does that mean I hate America? No. Trouble is, it seems like a fair few people can't separate criticism of government with criticism of the entire population of that particular nation. Guess what. I don't like a awful lot of what my government does either. Doesn't mean I hate myself. I don't like the sabre rattling of the Russian government, doesn't mean I hate Russia and the Russians. I don't like the shitty way the Chinese government treats people, doesn't mean I hate China and the Chinese. I don't have time to list every country on the planet, but rest assured if you're reading this there's definitely something that your government is doing that I don't like. It's not my intention to make anyone feel left out.

Like it or not, decisions made by the US government have an impact on the rest of the world, so the rest of the world gets to have an opinion. Same as you get to have an opinion on what the rest of us get up to. I do not think that the whole of America is shit. The whole of the rest of the world does not think that the whole of America is shit. But being reasonable about such things isn't nearly as interesting as arrogant paranoia and the cry of persecution. It's fun to be righteous about such things. It's awesome being a martyr.

The fact is that your facts are wrong.

But feel free to ignore all my observations and opinions. It's ever such a healthy policy.

No, Aqua, I did not call you a blithering idiot. My remark was prompted by a post earlier than yours where that term was used. I tried not to use the person's name because I think talking about people is unwise. So I can see where you thought my post was directed at you, coming after a post of yours as it did.

Aqua, I am sorry for the confusion. My apologies.

Peder

No, Aqua, I did not call you a blithering idiot. My remark was prompted by a post earlier than yours where that term was used. I tried not to use the person's name because I think talking about people is unwise. So I can see where you thought my post was directed at you, coming after a post of yours as it did.

Aqua, I am sorry for the confusion. My apologies.

Peder

Aha! So you're one of those people who would say "mistakes were made". Awesome. :D

All kidding aside, I think you are a very respectful sort of debater, albeit slightly on the conservative side.

I don't see why discussions on politics and religion should be avoided,

Well, Polly, if you don't see it you don't see it.

I thought The Mature Discussion section was set up for politics and religion and other "mature" discussion topics. Hence my comment. If I am wrong, I stand corrected. However, please check the guidelines before invoking your own ideas on how the forum should be run.

if you don't want to participate in them simply don't open or reply to the thread; no-one is forcing you to look anywhere.
Thanks for the stern lecture, but I think I knew all of that already.

And any topic can be discussed in a respectful, or social and friendly, manner.
As I suppose this discussion proves?

Well, Polly, if you don't see it you don't see it.

I thought The Mature Discussion section was set up for politics and religion and other "mature" discussion topics. Hence my comment. If I am wrong, I stand corrected. However, please check the guidelines before invoking your own ideas on how the forum should be run.

Thanks for the stern lecture, but I think I knew all of that already.

As I suppose this discussion proves?

Yes, I must be blind.

I'm not invoking my own ideas on how this forum should be run, thanksverymuch.

Not lecturing.

You think this is Mature? :lol:

Sparky,
re: My comment about the original post inviting this sort of discussion.

1) Fox is well-known to be a polarizing topic among politically minded people.

2) The poll question used the words "stupid" and "evil," which are not exactly irenic. (Good word! :) )

3) The fact of asking such a question invites responses using similar terms, it seems to me.

4) So, put the match with the tinder and we get what we now have.

Respectfully,
Peder

If we were to invalidate any discussion in which one person on any side behaved less than politely at any one time, would there be anything left to discuss in the history of mankind? Isn't it more worthwhile to discuss what's being said than how it's being said?

Peder, have you watched the actual clip? If so, you can easily see why those words were used. I'm sure that Sparkchaser would've said something more PC if that weren't the case.

Sparky,
re: My comment about the original post inviting this sort of discussion.

1) Fox is well-known to be a polarizing topic among politically minded people.

2) The poll question used the words "stupid" and "evil," which are not exactly irenic. (Good word! :) )

3) The fact of asking such a question invites responses using similar terms, it seems to me.

4) So, put the match with the tinder and we get what we now have.

Respectfully,
Peder

Ah, but I merely took the same words from the article/video. It's not as if I came up with those descriptors all by my lonesome.

And yes, Fox is indeed polarizing.

Back