• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is Fox News evil or stupid?

Is Fox News evil or stupid?

• Evil. Muahahahahahaha

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Stupid. Hurr Durr Derp Derp

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Neither. There is a resonable explanation which I will now present.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Stewart. Fox News is both evil and stupid.

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
If we were to invalidate any discussion in which one person on any side behaved less than politely at any one time,

Not what I suggested Beer Good (and I think you must know that). I suggested a different venue -- which we already have -- and some politeness which I think the TOS calls for.

Isn't it more worthwhile to discuss what's being said than how it's being said?

Certainly, and I think you know the answer to that one also. To repeat: I suggested a different venue -- which we already have -- and some politeness which I think the TOS calls for.

If you and the mods wish to invade the general forum with raucous name-calling political (and religious) discussions, be my guest.

Best regards
Peder
:flowers:

Peder, have you watched the actual clip? If so, you can easily see why those words were used. I'm sure that Sparkchaser would've said something more PC if that weren't the case.

Polly, Sparky,
I realize those are the words that someone else used.
The end result for this discussion is the same, however, whoever their author.
Isn't it?

Peder

If you and the mods wish to invade the general forum with raucous name-calling political (and religious) discussions, be my guest

Peder you continue to drag religion into the matter even though it has nothing to do with what's being discussed on this thread. In my opinion any theme, even religion, can and should be discussed provided it is done in a civilized manner. Don't you agree?

And one person calling another an idiot hardly qualifies as raucous name-calling to me, but maybe that's just me.

If you and the mods wish to invade the general forum with raucous name-calling political (and religious) discussions, be my guest.

Of course I don't. As you know. :flowers: :flowers: I just don't think that one single instance of name-calling (well, two or three if you include Aquablue's comments earlier) should be enough to exile any discussion. That would make it far too easy to sabotage intelligent discussion and derail it all into a long and pointless discussion of tone rather than content.

I thought The Mature Discussion section was set up for politics and religion and other "mature" discussion topics.

I never understood the point of having a "mature" discussion forum. Do the posters on here lack so much selfcontrol they need to lock themselves away from certain posts? I dont get it.

Or are we supposed to use it to post material not suited for minors?

OK...how would you phrase such a poll then?

I wouldn't put it up in the general forum, because of its topic (politics); I would put it in Mature Discussions (if I were a member, and if I understand the nature of that place correctly).

And I would only ask a simple non-directive question: "Any thoughts?" perhaps.

Perhaps even with the same alternatives. Or even just the link, with no alternatives.

People are quite capable of getting vociferous on their own without prodding.

Does that answer your question?

Peder

I never understood the point of having a "mature" discussion forum. Do the posters on here lack so much selfcontrol they need to lock themselves away from certain posts? I dont get it.

Or are we supposed to use it to post material not suited for minors?

Zolipara,
I would hate to answer your first question "Yes," but this thread does show the possibilities.

And, for two cents while I am here, I thought it was done (from my viewing on the outside) simply based on the general reputation of religion and politics for being inflammatory topics. I might add that, back in the day, there were many more incendiary individuals on this forum than there are now. I suspect you remember at least one of those brawls and some of those people. So maybe times have changed and the topic is open for rethinking.

"Material not for minors" is a more vexed question, hedged around by legalities that I definitely leave to the admins.

So, in sum, it should really be one of the admins/mods to whom you address your questions.

Long time no hear,
Very best wishes
Peder

Somebody stab me with a spoon.

Aquablue,I don't know if you can handle a a political discussion.

That's an eye opening read. I don't know whether to be more upset with FOX or the court on this one.

Obama, during his run for the White Hose, told the public that he would bring the troops back home. Yes the troops are returning but only because we are closer to ending the war as it is. I bet that once he took office he saw the reality of the war and took steps to bring back only a small number of soilders. Not all. He did not end the war by bringing back all the troops did he? So he mislead the American voters into thinking that through his leadership, the war would end in a snap of a finger. Wrong Obama...as always.

At the moment I am in the lirary using a borrowed laptop so I must exit this forum for now. I want to remain in the discussion but circumstances do not allow it. Tonight I will remain online for a longer period.

Yes I can get into the political aspect of things. At least I can try.

Let's make certain to continue this debate civil because it sure is healthy to bring out this topic to the surface. What bothers me is that I feel alienated. Aren't there any Republicans present? Jez.

By the way, if you care to know, I am registered as an Independant voter...go figure. I was brought up Republican so conditioned reactions will interfere on occation. Even though I sound firm in my conviction, it is important to note that my mind is wide open and that I am very willing to alter my views if, and only if, they rest on the foundation of reality and not self interest.

Talk to you guys later today. Bye.

__

I think Fox news is the best news station today. It is the only one which ever tells the truth, and Obama is the worst president the US has ever had. As far as mockery goes, I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. They run to US whenever they are in trouble, but what has any other country, except UK, ever done for America? It is still the greatest country in the world, and in fact Thai people think so too.

Back