• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I've had it

StillILearn said:
Where did Libre go? :D As soon as he changed his avatar, we began to mess with his thread. We would never have done this to the stoney-faced judge. :eek:
Sez Who? ;)

Wow, this thread went from someone threatening to leave to chocolate to two people flirting with each other!:p

Sounds like this has become the hot new trendy "in" spot. :eek:
Never thought we'd have one of them around here. :rolleyes:

muggle said:
I find plenty of book discussion under the areas where books are to be discussed. If I want non-book discussion I find it under the General chat area. I may not always contribute to the book discussions but i do a lot of reading the posts, many of which are interesting to me...and I do get a lot of good ideas on reading material.

I respect your opinion, muggle, but I have to say that book discussion is more then a few folks talking about how they like or dislike an author or a book.

The biggest reason I come back is that of some good leads on few books (most from you).

Isabell said:
Wow, this thread went from someone threatening to leave to chocolate to two people flirting with each other!:p

Well, fighting and then making up is a universal thing.;)

StillILearn said:
Where did Libre go? :D As soon as he changed his avatar, we began to mess with his thread. We would never have done this to the stoney-faced judge. :eek:

Oh, I'm still around - checking this thread from time to time - with some amusement.
Now people, behave yourself, or the stone-faced judge will return, or even worse, an even scarier alter-ego of mine - and yes, that IS me...
awww.marcfriedlander.com_images_GRAPHICS_Skull2a.jpg

Libre said:
Oh, I'm still around - checking this thread from time to time - with some amusement.
Now people, behave yourself, or the stone-faced judge will return, or even worse, an even scarier alter-ego of mine - and yes, that IS me...
awww.marcfriedlander.com_images_GRAPHICS_Skull2a.jpg

:D Didn't your mom ever warn you, "If you keep making that face, one of these days it will stick like that!" :D

Miss Shelf said:
No clowns, please. Just no clowns. :eek:

Really, some of my first nightmares involve white faced clowns..must have been triggered by the eerie clown mannequin that "played" the player piano at our local amusement park. I couldn't have been more than three when I had the first clown dream, but I can sure remember it, even now:rolleyes:

abecedarian said:
Really, some of my first nightmares involve white faced clowns..must have been triggered by the eerie clown mannequin that "played" the player piano at our local amusement park. I couldn't have been more than three when I had the first clown dream, but I can sure remember it, even now:rolleyes:

someone here has a clown avatar that freaks me out when I'm reading a thread and come across it. Asking that person to change his/her avatar would probably just encourage the troublemakers here (and you know who you are ;) ) to change theirs to clowns. :rolleyes:

I'm ok with clowns now, but about 12 years ago, we did a clown unit with two other homeschooled families and we interviewed one clown, and had another clown show us how to create a clownface for ourselves and how to paint up..it was a blast and I learned more than the kids, I think. One thing we learned was that white faced clowns are more frightening to kids, and are a more European style. And they said that modern clowns try to use minimal red on their faces because red is associated with blood and it frightens children to see too much of it on a person's face..

If anyone has seen "It", that'll do it for them as far as clowns goes. :rolleyes: I can't remember why I don't like clowns, I used to love them when I was a little girl and went to the circus. I never liked marionettes either, don't know why, and after I saw that movie "Magic" with Anthony Hopkins, I hated ventriloquists' dummies too.

Miss Shelf said:
If anyone has seen "It", that'll do it for them as far as clowns goes. :rolleyes: I can't remember why I don't like clowns, I used to love them when I was a little girl and went to the circus. I never liked marionettes either, don't know why, and after I saw that movie "Magic" with Anthony Hopkins, I hated ventriloquists' dummies too.
You know, that is funny. After reading the book "IT" I still get a strange feeling when I think of clowns. :)

Now you know why we severely limit our tv and movie consumption..I used to have this Scarecrow doll mom sent for with cereal box tops..looked like the one from The Wizard of Oz..which is a type of clown..anyway, we'd watched an episode of The Twilight Zone about killer dolls, and of course I had to go to bed shortly after..I had a row of dolls, including this creepy scarecrow(I'd swear the eyes followed me around the room) propped up across my bed...I wish you could have seen how fast those dolls flew when I brushed them off THAT night:D I was taking NO chances of them biting me! Powerful medium, that tv:rolleyes:

Indeed it is! The scariest thing is that clown doll in "Poltergeist". I wanted to throw that doll out as soon as weird things started happening!

Miss Shelf said:
Indeed it is! The scariest thing is that clown doll in "Poltergeist". I wanted to throw that doll out as soon as weird things started happening!

LOL, did you feel like yelling at the actors, "Burn the Clown Doll..its EVIL!!?"

Back