• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

last/next concert ?

First Concert was a month ago. It was the Awake and Alive tour.
The opening was The Letter Black,I wasn't expecting much but they were AMAZING!I also got their CD a month early

The middle was RED,which is who I went to the concert to mainly see. I got their autographs(My first celebrity autograph),and a T-Shirt of them. Their "Breathe Into Me" was the highlight of the night.

The headliner was,of course,Skillet. I got to admit they put on a good show,opening with smoke and playing "Hero",and when they played "Savior",which was my favorite of them for the night.

My next concert I hope to go see Shinedown,or Saliva.

We dont get to many bands that come to South Africa. Last concert I went to was Uriah Heep, Deep Purple and Wishbone Ash. I felt extremly young seeing as most of their hits came out before I was born.

We are hosting the Soccer World Cup this year and there's a big concert happending today, with Black Eyed Peas and lots of other artist but unfortunalty I can't go :(

Other then local bands, The last concert I saw was Journey (in 2008) with Heart and Cheap Trick as opening acts.

Well, I was supposed to see U2 in July but there summer tour has been post-poned until next year. :sad:

How were the Junkies? I'm seeing them in a few months. Last time I saw them, 8 years ago, they were fantastic.
Fantastic! This was my fourth time seeing them, and every time I see them, I see and hear something else to appreciate. Margo hasn't lost a bit off her voice either.

I can't believe I misspelled Megadeth. My metal cred is gone forever. :sad:

The last concert I went to was headline by Three Days Grace with Breaking Benjamin, Seether, and Hurt opening. It was good.

I'm hoping to catch Muse down the road.

About two weeks ago, I went to see Roger Waters perform Pink Floyd's The Wall. And yeah, it was... impressive, to say the least. Music-wise, there's nothing very surprising, of course; his band pretty much recreates the songs exactly as they sounded 30 years ago, which is a bit... eh, but hey, it used to be one of my favourite albums (probably still is on some level) and I'd long since given up any hope of hearing it performed live, so I'll take it. But the show... wow. With modern projection techniques you can do a lot of stuff you couldn't do in 1980, and so that huge wall they build across the stage turns into a canvas where Waters can project (in every sense of the word) both the original concept of the album and what it means now, but also making it more than just a video screen; the wall itself becomes an actor. (And that's not counting the obligatory flying pigs, planes crashing into the stage, 10-metre-puppets walking across the stage, etc) He plays down the (presumably slightly embarrassing to a 67-year-old multi-millionaire) tortured rock star angle and dials up the politics, hammering the audience with a barrage of images - cartoons, TV news, images of dead soldiers and activists, youtube clips, 3D animation, quotes from Orwell, Kafka, Orwell, Eisenhower, Orwell, Pink Floyd, Orwell... OK, so The Wall doesn't quite let itself be completely repurposed as a 2011 anti-war anti-authority anti-media molotov, and there are some bits where it feels like he misses his own point a bit or doesn't take it as far as he might have (if you're going to do "Waiting For The Worms" in Europe in 2011, update the iconography, damnit) but hey, it's only rock and roll and I like it, like it, yes I do.

YouTube - [HD] Roger Waters - Run Like Hell - Chicago 9/20/10

Last - Linkin Park Dec. 2010.
Next - TSO (Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra) Baroque Meets Classical, June 2011.

It's looking like a really good few months for concerts. I currently have tickets to:

- Bob Dylan with Mark Knopfler
- Gillian Welch
- PJ Harvey
- Steve Earle

Not counting any number of smaller gigs, starting with Kurt Vile and the Violators tonight. Sweet.

Back