• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

last/next concert ?

Just back from seeing Joan As Police Woman. She's a musician for Rufus Wainwright and Antony (of Antony and the Johnsons) and has also played with few others, such as Nick Cave and Scissor Sisters. Absolutely fantastic.

Last: Orange Evolution Festival, I went for Graham Coxon.
Next: Middlesbrough Music Live, Ocean Colour Scene are headlining :D

wilderness said:
Coldplay - beginning of July

Yay! I'm excited.

Jealous-much!! Their shows sold out before I could afford them:(

Well, since I've moved back in with the folks, and they live 2 hours from the city, the last show I went to was the Falls Festival, and the next show I go to will probably be the next Falls Festival! Sigh...I can't wait to move back to Melbourne.

My last consert was Keane's prerelease consert for the Iron Sea (their new album that just have hited the market) in Oslo,Norway in the end of May. The played 50% Hopes & fears songs and 50% songs from their new album. Have never been to a prerelease consert before, it was exciting to hear songs you never have heard before mixed with their old hits.

My next consert will be Bryan Adams in Tønsberg, Norway in September.
Can't wait to se BA preform live again. Saw him for the first time live back in 2004, it's my best consert memory so far. Thinking about taking a trip to Karlstad in Sweden to se him the weekend after the one in Norway. Haven't maid up my mind yet.

I sold my bob dylan/radiohead tickets just not in the mood,I'm going to see Joan as Policewoman in 2 weeks followed i hope by broken social scene in august a few times.

next concert: jason mraz, solo acoustic tour

last concert: sadly I don't think I remember...may well have been jason mraz's last big tour (he's about the only current artist I follow) :)

D

Next Concert: Unknown.
Last Concert: Eddie Money on Saturday, July 1. It was the best performance I've seen in a while. he got the crowd off their chairs and dancing for most of the songs he sang. Also in between some songs, he'd either tell a short story or a joke. The audience was laughing so much. He started the show off with "Two Tickets To Paradise." I just love that song, and he sang it awesomely great. I'm curious if anyone seen him live at all.

Eddie Money - Two Tickets To Paradise
http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/10062550

Just got back this morning from T in the Park festival in Balado, Scotland. Two days with 170 acts playing. The bands/acts I saw were:

Gomez, The Go! Team, Primal Scream, Jo Mango, Paulo Nutini, Sandi Thom, Fightstar, Pharrel Williams, The Proclaimers, The Spinto Band, Lorraine, Regina Spektor, Arctic Monkeys, The Who, We Are Scientists, Feeder, Sigur Ros, iForward Russia!, Seth Lakeman, The Orb, Xavier Rudd, Placebo, Goldfrapp, Manu Chao, The Feeling, The Strokes, The Upper Room, Orson, Kula Shaker, and The Twilight Singers.

I would have seen Eels and Shitdisco too if they hadn't arsed about so long getting on the stage.

Stewart, what did you think of Xavier Rudd? I've seen him live a couple of times and I think he's awesome.

I was glad to see Xavier Rudd as when he played in Glasgow earlier this year he had sold out. He was good, mixing the guitar and didgeridoo from behind his little installation. I've got two of his albums and I didn't recognised most of the songs he played which was good to hear new stuff but bad at the same time because I couldn't get into it like I would with the familar stuff. His is the music I would prefer at sunset, or that period between sunset and sunrise, rather than the middle of the day.

I agree. I've seen him at the falls festival, in the bush with the sun going down...bliss! Such mellow music, but he has a great deal to say about indigenous rights and the environment. What a guy.

Joan as policewoman
Camera Obscura
Broken Social Scene

Maybe.....

Tapes 'n' Tapes
iForward Russia!//Wolfmother

A few weekends ago I experienced Ozzfest for the first time. System of a Down was incredible, and played for two hours. Disturbed was alright, Lacuna Coil was okay. Almost all of the other bands sounded the same, but there were a few that shined above the others: A Life Once Lost, Bleeding Through, Black Label Scociety...

Stewart said:
Just got back this morning from T in the Park festival in Balado, Scotland. Two days with 170 acts playing. The bands/acts I saw were:

Gomez, The Go! Team, Primal Scream, Jo Mango, Paulo Nutini, Sandi Thom, Fightstar, Pharrel Williams, The Proclaimers, The Spinto Band, Lorraine, Regina Spektor, Arctic Monkeys, The Who, We Are Scientists, Feeder, Sigur Ros, iForward Russia!, Seth Lakeman, The Orb, Xavier Rudd, Placebo, Goldfrapp, Manu Chao, The Feeling, The Strokes, The Upper Room, Orson, Kula Shaker, and The Twilight Singers.

I would have seen Eels and Shitdisco too if they hadn't arsed about so long getting on the stage.

Heard Paolo Nutini for the first time last night and thought he had the most amazing voice - couldn't believe he's only 19 and also Scottish - no hint of an accent there:D Did you like him Stewie?

I saw Depeche Mode at the O2 Wireless Festival in London back in June. They were absolutely incredible - and I've seen them three times. We didn't even bother with all the other acts that came before them; we just showed up in time for DM! :)

I don't have plans for another concert at present. It all depends on who comes around.

Poppy1 said:
Heard Paolo Nutini for the first time last night and thought he had the most amazing voice - couldn't believe he's only 19 and also Scottish - no hint of an accent there:D Did you like him Stewie?

His voice is great, I'll admit. I saw him live at the start of July. As for the music, I found it to be a little bland for my tastes.

As for recent gigs, I saw Arab Strap do an acoustic gig on Friday night at some label CD launch.

I saw Ani DiFranco on Friday and am seeing Feist and Utah Phillips tonight. There's been about 10 smaller ones since Friday as it's folk festival here, but they don't really count.

I went to see The Cramps yesterday. Been a fan for 15 years, never had a chance to see them. And I can't really say I was disappointed. They put on great show - especially considering that Lux Interior is almost 60.

I could complain that there were a few too many songs from the last album and not enough of the classics, but come on; it's The Cramps. The last time they changed their sound in the least was when they got a bass player in 1988, and considering the way Chopper Franklin plays the bass - fuzztone, slide and all - that's not even that much of a difference. It's all about rock'n'roll, and that's what we get.

I don't know when Poison Ivy Rorschach got turned into a vampire, but it must have been long ago; I swear she doesn't look a day over 35, tops. And considering the tight short dress, that's not just make-up either. Lux on the other hand is starting to look his age, but he's certainly not acting it. During the encores, he wraps the mic stand around his neck, smashes a wine bottle on it sending wine and broken glass all over the stage, then uses the glass to rip apart his vinyl pants. He's not, repeat NOT, wearing any underwear. He then climbs on top of one of the speakers - which is NOT nailed down and sways dangerously back and forth as he sings, his... uh... "little garbageman" hanging out for all to see as he screams the chorus of "Tear It Up" over and over and over again. Then he falls down into the drumkit and the show's over.

This, children, is what we call "aging gracefully".

Oh, and yeah, they played "Mad Daddy" and "Dames, Booze, Chains And Boots" and "Psychotic Reaction" and "Primitive" and "The Way I Walk" and "Lonesome Town" and "TV Set" and a bunch of other songs somewhere in all of this.

I'm cramped.

EDIT: Oh, and it's a delicious irony that one of the longest-lasting marriages in entertainment is between Lux and Ivy, considering his songs to her are called things like "Hot Pearl Snatch", "Like A Bad Girl Should" and "Daisies Up Your Butterfly". This is family values at its best. :D

Back