• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

last/next concert ?

last concert for me was ggggrreat!

my last concert was Mogwai... they were fantastic... i really enjoyed myself lots... their music is so dramatic and so engaging... i really can't understand how some of the people in the audience left in the middle of the gig to pee... :confused:

Mogwai was super friendly too... took pictures with them and my boyfriend got them to sign on all their CDs' sleeves...

anyway, i must express my envy here... gigs like radiohead, flaming lips, belle and sebestian will never come to singapore... those guys who got to see them, u r so lucky... sighz... oh well... heehee... will fly to see them when i earn enough money :p

first of all

next concert: jason mraz, solo acoustic tour

:eek: :( :mad: :eek: I'm SO jealous!!!!!!! I love Jason, and I've been listening to him since well before he was cool.

so, the Regina FOlk Festival was this weekend and I got to see:

Leroy Young (spoken word from Belize), Lazerblade (local band) Beadouin Soundclash (better live than I was expecting) Lal (hip/hop/electronic/funk from Toronto) and ANI DI-freaking-Franco. Then on Saturday is was Tons of Fun University or T.O.F.U (political comedy spoken word) and NIYAZ (basically songs made out of farsi and hurdu mystical poetry and middle eastern folk songs, BEAUTIFUL) AND.... Utah Phillips (labour leader from the US, he's a great story teller) and Feist (which gets a simple "meh" from me, I'm not a fan)

Prairie_Girl said:
NIYAZ (basically songs made out of farsi and hurdu mystical poetry and middle eastern folk songs, BEAUTIFUL)

Ooh, I like Niyaz. One song that springs to mind is Ghazal. :)

If you like that I wonder if you might like Ekova.

Stewart said:
Ooh, I like Niyaz. One song that springs to mind is Ghazal. :)

If you like that I wonder if you might like Ekova.

Thanks Stewart, I'll definately check them out. Niyaz was a total treat, I almost didn't go Saturday night but definately fell in love with them. Diruba by them is my song on myspace

Went to see Ane Brun yesterday. She was backed by a string quintet and an electric guitarist, and my oh my, it was a great show. She's had some press and played quite a few shows outside Scandinavia, but I hope there's more of that to come - she's just too talented to be stuck up here all her life. (Stewart, you might like her.) Just to give some small idea of her influences - she did two covers; one of PJ Harvey's "The Dancer", and one of a 17th-century aria by Henry Purcell. Both come off sounding like she wrote them herself.

I'll check her out tonight.

Incidentally, the last gig I was at was Neville Staple, formerly of The Specials and Fun Boy Three. I can't remember a bloody thing about the gig, although there are cloud free patches that don't explain themselves.

Last: Coldplay, almost a year ago :(

Next: Hopefully Keane, but they have now plans on coming to Switzerland.

I'm going to see the dears on oct 14 and two gallants/cold war kids in paris on nov 22

Oh i saw public enemy last night! it was wonderful and dreadful all in the one gig

someone should shoot flava

Creed and U2

Last Concert: Creed; They were horrible. That was the show in Chicago that Scott Stapp was trashed at and people who attended wanted to sue the band for ticket refunds. I don't know whatever came of it.

Next Concert: U2 in Hawaii

Was going to see Gnarls Barkley on the 27th October but thankfully I won't be going now. It was £22 for the gig and it was only the support band I was interested in seeing: Peeping Tom. Unfortunately, they'll not be supporting Gnarls Barkley in Glasgow. :(

But I'm going to see Gomez for the second time this year very shortly. I think I may have missed a gig by Toumani Diabate too. :(

Just got back from Yo La Tengo. I'd say they fucking rawked if they weren't so damn... well... NICE. (Oh, and because they played a bunch of really beautiful late-night ballads and some really funky piano bits.) But I don't know of any other band who can end the regular set (before coming back on and playing covers and requests for 30 minutes) with 2 15-minute guitar workouts in a row and keep the audience absolutely transfixed. Why they are not the biggest band on the planet I'll never understand.

Urgh @ U2

Anyway, gigs coming up for me are Cansei de der Sexy, Luke Haines, and Gomez: 7th, 9th, and 18th November respectively. Last gig was The Bronx in October.

Cansei de ser Sexy are coming here too. Do you know if they are any good live? The album is a lot of fun, but...

Wouldn't mind seeing Luke Haines, but he doesn't seem to ever set his foot outside the UK. Considering his lyrics, you'd think the English would encourage him to go skewer someone else now and then.

Isabell said:
beer good said:
Why they are not the biggest band on the planet I'll never understand.

That title is taken by U2, Sorry
Oh, come on. Bono's not THAT fat yet. :rolleyes:

Cansei de ser Sexy are coming here too. Do you know if they are any good live? The album is a lot of fun, but...
On reading about, they would seem to be energetic. The singer, Lovefoxxx, must get groped to bits because she apparently jumps in and out of the crowd all through the gigs.

Wouldn't mind seeing Luke Haines, but he doesn't seem to ever set his foot outside the UK.
I've hardly even known him to set foot around the UK. I've been a fan for about ten years, maybe more, and I don't think I've ever noticed a gig by him - regardless of incarnation - in Glasgow.

Back