• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

hay82 said:
Minority Report. Okay story, not a great movie though.
Spielberg supposedly used the song "Små grodorna" because he thought that it sounded creepy but I don't think that anyone who has witnessed the dance that goes along it finds it creepy.

last night we watched the house of flying daggers. i don't think the story was anything to write home about, it was sort of female zatoichi/romeo and juliet. but visually it was really beautiful, and had loads of elaborate martial arts sequences, if you are into that kind of thing. i thought the scene in the bamboo forest was really great. and all of the actors are very easy on the eyes. it was the tiniest bit long, some of the horse riding scenes could have been trimmed down. and there were a lot of "staring into space, transfixed in deep thought" scenes as well. overall, not bad.

Alien vs Predator, that was a waste of time. I actually think that what little brain I had left died during that movie. There wasn't the same atmosphere as the first alien movies, nor the predator movies. The predator are really weak in this one, and the story is completly boring.
I still don't get why the maincharcter had to be on that expedition in the first place, they don't really use her abilities anywhere.

I saw Sideways last night. I found it strangely depressing. For one thing, I've actually been to Solvang. It's a nightmarish fake little town and really gave me the creeps. Plus I know a guy just like the Giamatti character, who we affectionately call The Troll or the Hobbit. He's a professional pessimist who likes a dank environment and shies away from sunlight. Nice guy, but I don't want to watch him in a movie. Oh well.

Martin said:
Yeah, it sucked ass.

A shame, really, because Alien, Aliens, and Predator are excellent films.
Wouldn't mind seeing what that little fellow, you see in the end, is capable of doing. But there will probably come an AVP 2.

I just tried to watch Ocean's 12 last night...I think I managed to get 1/3 way through. I'm giving it another go this afternoon after all we did spend money to rent it.
I enjoy Ocean's 11...but oh well.

We switched to The Thomas Crown Affair after...I just love the ending scence, the music and theft. :D

Side notes
I ADORE Miyazaki. I loved everything I've seen by his film studio!

Jack Nicholson... :D

Well we've just bought I Robot, The Bourne Identity and X-Men 2 - will actually get round to watching them at some point! Though we did see X-Men 2 when it was released at the cinema.

my favourite part of x-men 2 was the last scene. really, really looking foward to seeing what they do with phoenix.

I highly recommend "Million Dollar Baby". It is one powerful movie. Great acting by Eastwood, Swank, and Freeman.

Last night I went and saw The Interpreter. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but I thought that the ending was a little cut off in comparison to the other details we got in the movie. But still worth the watch.

Watched Igby Goes Down just now, and I loved it. It reminded me very much of Salinger's The Catcher In The Rye.

Anyone seen this?

Cheers

I enjoyed Igby Goes Down, I had not even heard of it, I stopped by a friend's house and was pleasantly surprised. I liked Kieran Culkan in the Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys, too.

blade trinity. not good. the second blade was terrible because it was just so over the top gross, not sleek and cool like the first one. trinity was just dull and what, WHAT was with all the ex -teen actors???? we were just missing sarah michelle gellar and the guy who slept with stiflers mom.

Back