• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Breaking Bad Season1-(Good stuff) still Dexter is at the Top
Men Who Stare At Goats - OK
The Edge Of Love - Old in ever sense of the word
New York I Love You- The Paris version is way better
Brothers - I kind liked it
Up In The Air - enjoyable but not that fresh

That's a shame. I'd never really been interested in Tyler Perry movies, but this one appealed to me and I really wanted to watch it. Waste of time Anamnesis?

I don't think you're missing much. I felt like I was watching two movies in one. It switches between unhappy marriage melodrama and a female buddy comedy. Which, y'know, would be okay if Tyler Perry knew how to handle them gracefully. He doesn't, or at least he didn't when making this movie.

RocknRolla
I still enjoy watching this movie. It has interesting comical moments and the main characters are likable, except for Len which of course is not to be made to be sympathetic.

Twilight: New Moon.

The Rifftrax version, that is. It's one way of coping with 130 minutes of idealised teenage angst.

Is it just me, or is Kristen Stewart... how do I put this delicately... very very very stoned in every single scene? Well, it's another way of coping with 130 minutes of idealised teenage angst. :star2: for the commentary, which is hilarious as usual.

Clash of the Titans
Not as exciting as I had hoped, but the special effects were impressive although now stop-motion animation is considered dated. I told myself that it was time to watch the original with the release of the remake hitting theaters.

Revolutionary Road. A good effort, but I prefer the book.

Manhunter. Beautifully directed. Some of the 80's pop songs can kill the mood but I still think it's a strong, understated suspense film.

Videocracy. Very interesting documentary about the power of television and celebrity culture in general and Berlusconi's Italy in particular. Doesn't attempt to accuse Berlusconi of any particular crimes or argue its case methodically, just tries to capture the culture shaped by overdosing on gratuitously pandering "Here, have some tits!" media. Could have used some more structure, perhaps, as it is it tends to play to viewers who already know the facts and want to understand the reasons, but well worth seeing. :star4:

Dee Snider's Strangeland. Weakly directed and didn't even have any neat death scenes.
I haven't watched that since I was 15(?). It's been awhile. I remember liking it though, been meaning to watch it again. Love the soundtrack. I like the Bile song.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid...I took my son for his bday the other day. He really liked the book series and the movie was a good adaptation. Pretty good family movie, had some funny parts...but $50 for a family trip to the movies:confused:

Jacob's Ladder,which I haven't watched for years,and it's still very un-nerving yet weirdly beautiful!
i saw this recently too, it's a good movie =). there's a movie that's supposed to becoming out within the year called enter the void, you should keep an eye out for it.
it's influenced by the tibetan book of the dead and about someone's journey in the afterlife as well.
. it has a really cool web site too (NSFW!!!):
Enter the void, un film de Gaspar Noé

The White Diamond (2004) :star3:
In recent years, Werner Herzog's documentaries have been far more interesting than his written features - not that his documentaries aren't heavily controlled too; he really goes all out here to turn the story of a man who dreams of flying an airship over the rainforest (*cough*Fitzcarraldo*cough*) into a Werner Herzog story, pretty much directing his subjects ("When you look into this drop of water, do you see the entire world in it?") and he mostly succeeds, even if he wildly overdoes it at times.

Stroszek (1977) :star4:
This is classical Herzog, so depressing Ian Curtis hung himself after seeing it. Bruno S makes me uneasy; as with The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser, you're never quite sure how much of it is acting and how much is, um, "outsider" art. But it's a beautifully made piece, the American dream as the dream of something better built by people bringing all their old nightmares, opening up possibilities only to turn inward and shut them down again, and seeming to address exactly what irks me about it - how much of it is Stroszek's problem, and how much is society using him?

Adventureland (2009) :star3:
Kristen Stewart's acting still consists of getting stoned (which actually works in this film) and Jesse Eisenberg is still a poor man's Michael Cera, but it's a nice and surprisingly serious take on the "last summer holiday" flick which ends up far more Ice Storm than Eurotrip. Predictable, and the 80s setting starts getting old (just because it worked in Donnie Darko doesn't mean it automatically makes a film about teenagers better) but nice.

Iron Man 2 - any one who liked the first one, should like this one too. Scarlett Johansson's character is a good addition and Mickey Rourke does a great job as Whiplash.

Crazy Heart - Great performance by Jeff Bridges, it was slow at the beginning
but it got more interesting later.Even though I'm not a big fan of country music,I kinda enjoyed the songs so it's :star4: for me.

Iron Man 2
Really enjoyed this one, but mostly for Black Widow and Whiplash. I admit it. Although the final battle was a little too short for my tastes.

Back