• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lost

Joshua

Lost *Spoilers May Appear Quite Often*

Anyone watch it?

I love it and it's killing me that we still haven't found out what is in the hatch that locke keeps trying to get into.

Oh well, next week is a new episode and then the finale starts. :)

I can't wait.

I think it's an alien something or other in there. My friend thinks it's radioactive waste, but I think it's either an alien or something to do with aliens. But, a few episodes ago Locke looked in the window and it glowed, I wonder if he knows what's in there and just isn't saying, or whether his memory has been erased or something.

So, do you think the raft is gonna make it or will they hit a reef before they get too far out? Can't wait for the 2-hour finale next week!

Walt had made some offhand comment about the raft. What I got from it was that while it won't work they are meant to try - which makes me wonder what is going to happen out on the water. I think they will end up back on the island somehow, for some reason. I wonder if one of them will die or be otherwise lost to the sea. Maybe they'll end up on another side of the island, someplace they haven't been.

This show always sparks my imagination. I think that's why I like it so much.

the finale was such a disappointment. I"m never watching this show ever again. Imagination my ass. The premise is really good, but the writers aren't delivering the goods, imo. I honestly think they don't know how to answer the mysteries they've created.

txgirl said:
the finale was such a disappointment. I"m never watching this show ever again. Imagination my ass. The premise is really good, but the writers aren't delivering the goods, imo. I honestly think they don't know how to answer the mysteries they've created.

Oh, come on! Of course they didn't answer the questions you had!! How else are they gonna reel in viewers in the fall? There's only so much they can do with people on an island, you know. If they gave us all the answers in the finale, what would they have next season?

txgirl said:

"The goods" for a lot of people is the suspense of not knowing where they are, why they are there, and what's happening to them.

I was very very happy with the finale. I was actually afraid, after they had said as much, that they would answer more questions than I wanted answered. I have worried for weeks that this ride would come to an end far too soon.

I can't wait for the next season, or for the series to be available on DVD. I think this show is a definite keeper.

Lost ?

This is a question for all the Americans on the Forum. Channel 4 here in Britain is going to be showing the TV series LOST about the survivors of a plane crash. At the moment the advert for it has me intrigued but I was wondering if any of you had seen it. If so, is it worth watching? Is it serious or another surreal show with dark humour like Six Feet Under?

Let me know what you think. Cheers ;)

i watched it a bit. i did like what i saw, but it didn't grab me enough to keep me faithful. it's nothing like six feet under. i don't know what to compare it too. it is very character driven, (well that sounds thick) but i mean that each episode we look at one of the main people and learn about how they ended up on that plane. and then there is something slightly x-files happening on the island. loads of action, good dialogue.
my dad is hooked and he was a big fan of 24, x-files, and survivor.

it's been on in Australia for ages. And I believe it has a big following.

On one forum I hang out at occassionally there are 9 pages of posts. So I guess some people like it.

I very very rarely watch FTA TV, (not that I watch cable either) so I have never seen an episode of it, just the odd trailer, which does look quite good.

Thanks. I'll give it a try if I'm not working. Shiftwork doesn't help with watching TV.

If there is anyone who's actually watched it that might be helpful as well!! ;)

I rarely watch TV.....But my dad says this show is fabulous. I would take that into consideration because he is hard to please.

Puddleglum said:
This is a question for all the Americans on the Forum. Channel 4 here in Britain is going to be showing the TV series LOST about the survivors of a plane crash. At the moment the advert for it has me intrigued but I was wondering if any of you had seen it. If so, is it worth watching? Is it serious or another surreal show with dark humour like Six Feet Under?

I haven't watched it, but I belive it is a network show, while Six Feet Under is HBO. Network shows are not able to show the same kind of stuff (sex, language, violence, etc) that HBO can. I find it very hard to find network shows that are as good as stuff on HBO and SHO.

I thought the show looked silly when I saw the previews for it last summer/fall. However, halfway through the season I ate my words and was hooked.

I recommend that you think you may enjoy this show, start watching from the very beginning. I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD and winter to come along to catch up. The creators have their own website for Lost discussion:

www.thefuselage.com

Post your theories there. ;)

Back