• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

More forums

I hate to get back on topic here, but is there anyway we could get a "what the heck is the name of this book?" forum?

Sorry to hear about your mini. At least you were able to set it out on the curb for the trash man to pick up.

Prolixic, I think that would be a great idea. It could go in the 'Books and Novels' section after Author Discussion.

Seems like we regularly get these questions and the threads get lost. They get posted in all kinds of places and sometimes I think even the original posters can't find them again.

Sorry to hear about your mini. At least you were able to set it out on the curb for the trash man to pick up.
Arf arf - it's surprisingly hard to get rid of, actually.

Cheers

And to think last year you advised me to get a Mini! :mad: Luckily, I completely ignored you. :D

I think a "What's this book?" forum is a brilliant idea. :)

Didn't it rule the world while it reigned, Martin? I agree, it doesn't rule any more, though.

I like that idea about the What's this Book? forum aswell, by-the-way.

Not a bad idea. I'd be the first to post a topic for Edward Rutherfurd's books - well I'd try to be the first at least, I'm sure others have read them as well :p

I agree with the idea - I'm a big fan of historical novels and it would make it easier to find reviews and such on books in this genre.

I find that there's a great deal of fiction - classed as General - that has a historical setting. Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Atonement, Small Island, The Remains of the Day, The Line of Beauty, The Crimson Petal and the White, The Virgin Suicides, Middlesex, When We Were Orphans, Birdsong, The Name of the Rose, Baudolino, The Island of the Day Before, etc.

Who sets the bar on what historical fiction is? Personally, I think it's an irrelevant category and believe fiction is appropriate.

Am I the only person who thinks there are too many forums and sub-forums already?

Stewart's right about historical/period fiction. Where do you draw the line? Most people forget, for example, that Middlemarch is an historical novel - written in the 1870s, set in the 1830s, which makes it at least as historical as The Remains of the Day (written in the 1980s, set in the 1940s) or Patrick McGrath's Asylum (written in the 1990s, set in the 1950s).

Shade said:
Am I the only person who thinks there are too many forums and sub-forums already?

Not at all. There are some I find highly unnecessary: Film & TV, Book Search (a subform maybe), Tolkien, Harry Potter, and Comedy.

Magazines and Comics, also, don't receive much attention.

Back