• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

More forums

Darren

I've been thinking about adding a few more book discussion areas for specific genres.

Bookshelves
New areas to discuss these genres of books.
- Crime and Mystery
- Thrillers

New Sub-Forum
- New subforum for Tolkien & Middle Earth.

There are lots of Tolkien and LOTR fans around the web and this would be an area where everything related to Tolkien (Books and Films) could be discussed.

Any thoughts, or other ideas for new forums?

Thanks.

How about some more sci-fi/fantasy subforums to cater for all those epics people enjoy reading?

personally, I've always thought 'film adaptations' should just be 'films'. I mean, half of the time I can't remember what books they're based on anyway, so I don't even bother with threads. but who knows, maybe I'd inadvertently find some of them out? anyway, my point is I think broadening that forum in particular wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Good point Bobby.

As to the 'bookshelves' themselves, since crime, mystery anad thrillers are grouped together in most bookshops, shouldn't that also be the case here rather than make 2 forums to accomodate them?

Well, i think the reason its called Film Adaptions was to link it in with books as opposed to just being a general forum for discussing films (which would be General Chat). Personally, i'm not sure theres enough threads to justify a LotR forum, especially now the fuss over the films has started to die down. An expansion of General Fiction into specific groups would be a good idea though :)

Phil

phil_t said:
Well, i think the reason its called Film Adaptions was to link it in with books as opposed to just being a general forum for discussing films (which would be General Chat).
it's just that the adaptations forum is unneccessarily restrictive. why can't I talk about any film I want? if I post it under 'general chat', it'll get lost after two days. no thread can keep up in there for very long.

Maybe a film section in general chat? That way the threads wouldn't get lost as easily as they do in the regular general chat, but it keeps the rest of the forum devoted to books in some fashion.

personally i think less is more.
dont wanna make the board too disparate>>>but u know it better than me

You want my opinion? Do ya? Do ya? Do ya?

Here goes:

If 'arry 'otter gets a forum all to his scrawny self, so does (or should) Tolkien and Frodo. Period. :cool:

I kinda like bobby's idea, of changing the 'Film Adaptation' into just 'Films', but then you'd lose the entire 'books turned into films'-aspect, which would be a shame. Chewie's suggestion of a filmsection in General chat is the better option, if you ask me. And you did. :)

Comedy forum/bookshelf: Good idea!
Crime & Thriller forum/bookshelf: Good idea!
Coupling horror to S/F & fantasy: Good idea!

So there.

Cheers

Ok for my two pence worth:

I agree with making a separate LOTR doscussion forum - even though the films are over it will still generate a fair bit of discussion.

Personally I don't think that the film adaptations should be made into films (as this is a book forum) and agree with Chewie's idea to make it a sub-section of General Chat.

I also don't think that Sci-Fi and Fantasy should be merged with Horror as I don't feel the two are similar enough (I love S&F but don't like horror which kind of influences my descision).

question.
old threads would be move to the new categories?

ah by the way im in for the films subsection on general chat

Ice said:
Ok for my two pence worth:

I agree with making a separate LOTR doscussion forum - even though the films are over it will still generate a fair bit of discussion.

Personally I don't think that the film adaptations should be made into films (as this is a book forum) and agree with Chewie's idea to make it a sub-section of General Chat.

I also don't think that Sci-Fi and Fantasy should be merged with Horror as I don't feel the two are similar enough (I love S&F but don't like horror which kind of influences my descision).

I agree with you on the lumping SF/Fantasy and Horror together.

Ice said:

I also don't think that Sci-Fi and Fantasy should be merged with Horror as I don't feel the two are similar enough).

I agree with Ice on these two points. I'm not sure about creating sub-forums in Sci-fi and Fantasy so people can discuss epics - surely they can just post a thread about a certain author/series? However, just to contradict myself, I do think that a Tolkien sub-forum is a good idea! :)

OK, How about this?

- Move "film adaptations" to the General Chat area (still as a separate forum). If people want specifically to chat about how a book has been turned into a film (eg Harry Potter and LOTR) then they can do so in one of the book forums.

- Create new "bookshelf forums" for "Horror", "Comedy" and "Crime, Thrillers & Mystery"

- Create a new sub-forum for Tolkien/LOTR.

Back