• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Most Recent Film

(I've replaced the :) with * because you can only have, like, 15 :) per post)

Agree with all of them (especially Leon ... ***** (<= yessss)) except:

City of Angels. Really? With Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage? You're pulling my leg!

When Harry Met Sally. You're a silly man, you!

(Don't really know Legend, City of Lost Children and Yojimbo.)

Cheers, Martin :D

I know, I know lol

Whenever I tell people how much I love City of Angels people always go, HUH????? Don't know. I'm not sure, if we are being objective, that the movie is GREAT. I think I like it so much because it's themes really speak to me personally.

When Harry met Sally... Shrugs lol I like it! :rolleyes:

Martin, what was the best film of last year for you?

Regards
SillyWabbit

5 star films

i'm not taxing my brain over this too much but i would say that:

Stand by me - is definately there "do you think superman could beat up mighty mouse"

Shine, star wars

lol - i'll think about films beginning with a different letter another day!

ksky

Stand By Me ... ***** ... brilliant!

Martin, what was the best film of last year for you?
Hard to say, I'm torn between Kill Bill and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I think I'm gonna go for the latter, because .. well .. it's Lord of the Friggin' Rings!

Mile-O-Phile said:
Aside, do you think the third series of Riget will ever be made? I'm still waiting for the translation to English of the second series. :mad:

Well, Mile-O-Phile. You never know. :(

Originally we were promised 13 episodes all together, but several of the leading cast has passed away, and Lars von Trier is hasting off to new horizons. So for the time being, there is no plans of making the last 5 episodes. :(

But von Trier is anything but predictable, so you never know.... :)

Hobitten

I have Kill Bill but have yet to watch it :D I watched a little and it seems as though it will rock!

I agree on LOTR. The movies that I missed out on and wanted to see are: Mystic River, Master and Commander and Lost in Translation. Hopefully I will catch up with them :)

Movie I missed this year is 21 gramms.

Regards
SillyWabbit

21 Gramms is just out in theatres over here, and I am absolutely gonna grab that in the not too distant future. I've only heard good things.

What do you mean, you have Kill Bill? It's out on DVD over there already? In a couple of weeks I'll be going to a Kill Bill-marathon! Can't wait!

And by the way, go see Lost In Translation (*****), if you have the chance, still. It's utterly amazing! Fantastic.

The last film I went to see - oh God, I'm almost too ashamed to admit it ... but that would be "Cat in the Hat" :eek:

Dons tin hat and ducks

Nicola said:
The last film I went to see - oh God, I'm almost too ashamed to admit it ... but that would be "Cat in the Hat" :eek:

Dons tin hat and ducks

What do you mean "almost too ashamed"? You SHOULD be ashamed!

Go sit in the corner.

On your hat. :D

RaVeN
(nice duck but I like a moving target)

Alright, alright I'm going - but can you get that dead spider out of the corner first? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? :eek:

No! That's your lunch!

Anyway, Cat in the Hat ... * (<= yes, that is one star, and believe me, that's baaaad!!).

How many Weight Watchers point would that be?! :rolleyes:

And how would you know anyway - eat many, do you :D

I couldn't deny you kids this little gem, uttered by a certain Nicola in another thread. Here is comes:

I think I'd better come clean and hope no-one else is reading this thread - but I'm off to see Scooby Doo next week.
Let's all point an laugh, children.
9.gif

Back