• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Most Recent Film

when best left alone

oh no i know i'm in trouble now but....

the first matrix film was awesome in the true sense of the word-no complaints
the second matrix film had promise, and set up some interesting ideas
the third film suddenly went very pedestrian, i'm sorry but it did, i suppose i took the threads of the second one and got excited about where they might lead knowing in my heart that the excellent writers would suprise me with an inventive twist, unfortunately they did not.

on the other hand i watched "ghost in the shell" last week, a japanese anime which is said to have inspired the writers of matrix, it was excellent, couldn't recommmend it enough, it had the virtue of being intelligent.

two other films watched this weekend were "master and the commander" and "the four feathers", M&C was excellent really enjoyed it, 4F was not so great - the first half was good however the second half was lacking, visually it was great and there was some good acting performances but far too much slow dialogue in the romance sections.

ksky

I watched Primal Fear last night, for the millionth time, and it just never ceases to amaze me; fantastic film!!

awww.twinkle.com.hk_intposter_poster_e0353.jpg
(Click on image for more info)

See this film!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

lol How dod you know I was a heathen lol :p

What did I do wrong.......obviously something to do with Scary Movie lol

:)

kskyhappy said:
oh no i know i'm in trouble now but....

the first matrix film was awesome in the true sense of the word-no complaints
the second matrix film had promise, and set up some interesting ideas
the third film suddenly went very pedestrian, i'm sorry but it did, i suppose i took the threads of the second one and got excited about where they might lead knowing in my heart that the excellent writers would suprise me with an inventive twist, unfortunately they did not.

on the other hand i watched "ghost in the shell" last week, a japanese anime which is said to have inspired the writers of matrix, it was excellent, couldn't recommmend it enough, it had the virtue of being intelligent.

two other films watched this weekend were "master and the commander" and "the four feathers", M&C was excellent really enjoyed it, 4F was not so great - the first half was good however the second half was lacking, visually it was great and there was some good acting performances but far too much slow dialogue in the romance sections.

ksky

Ghost in the shell is one AMAZING movie! This is how a movie should be made! Also, it kicks the ever loving crap out of the Matrix :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

I just finished watching Good Bye Lenin! by Wolfgang Becker. It's an excellent film - funny, intelligent, moving, and nostalgic. Highly recommended.

watched tomb raider 2 - appalling comparable to james bond at his worst, why didn't they just stick to the adventure side of tomb raider, very badly scripted.

and The actors, why oh why. I'm a big fan of Dylan Moran, especially after Black books but this is decidedly average, i thought it would be great it's got michael caine in it as well but it just didn't click.

ksky

I like it when Lara tells the MI6 ( or whoever they are ) About the lost magic box of pandora. They don't blink an eyelid. They don't tell her she is insane. They get on the phone to the queen! OF COARSE! [sarcasam]Wonderful movie!!![/sarcasam]

Regards
SillyWabbit

Yeah, absolutely. Come on, guys, suspension of disbelief has its limits, you know!!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

i just watched it. it was lovely. new respect for katie holmes. the direction was well themed. (in case anyone was wondering.) :D

Back