• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Most Recent Film

hobitten said:
Thank you, Jonzey, for your words of comfort.

Psst. Can I? - no I can't - ... :confused:

No, I have to. I am dying to know... :eek:

Which film was it?

(You may whisper it to me, I am not going to tell....)

Hobitten :eek:

PS: I don't think I will see Passion of Christ...

Hehehe :p alright, I guess..

It was...

Saving Private Ryan :eek:

Mile-O-Phile said:
Warum nichts? :confused:

A scotsman speaking German :confused: :confused: Wow!

Well, I am not really into religious stuff. Apart from that, I have heard that it is quite "graphic" with a lot of horrible details. Don't need to see that... :eek:

Then again, I might see it. I might cave in to peer pressure - and go see it :rolleyes:

Hobitten

Jonzey said:
Hehehe :p alright, I guess..

It was...

Saving Private Ryan :eek:

Oh? It's that good?

They are showing it on Danish Television sometime during Easter. I was planning to see it, but now I definitely will. - And I will think you. :)

fotr?

hey cassandra was that the extended edition? cos if not get back out there and rent/buy that one the extra footage makes it a much better(er) film.

ksky

The last movie that I watched was the 13th Warrior, great movie :)

A couple of my friends are lending me some movies to watch coz I have some time off plus easter hols! :)

Phone Booth
Green Mile
Traffic
Identity
Jeepers Creepers

:D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Phone Booth :):)1/5 out of 5

The Green Mile :):):):):) out of 5 (<= brilliant)

Traffic :):):):) out of 5

Identity :):)1/5 out of 5

Jeepers Creepers :) out of 5 ( <= shun this one!)

Cheers, Martin :D

Jeepers Creepers sucked big time. Unless you have a phobia about Kentucky Fried Chicken, it's not the least bit scary. I think the worst part about it was how promisingly it began. After the first 10 minutes or so I was really looking forward to a decent cannibal film. I was bitterly disappointed.

A bit like when I went to see The Hole. The trailers made it look like a slasher film and it wasn't. It was still a good film, but if I'd been prepared for what I was going to see I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more. Though, I don't think any amount of preparation would have made me enjoy Jeepers Creepers.

I'll watch em and let you know what I rate them! :)

I really liked the sound of phone booth... Jeepers Creepers, I did not like the sound of that movie but he ketp saying it was good lol We will see! I don't normally like those kinda movies. It will have to be really good to impress me. I watched Darkness Falls last week. I really liked that movie!!! Have you seen it?

Regards
SillyWabbit

Took this from IMDB because it explaines far better than my rambling could ever do lol

"In the 1800's there was a woman that little children would take their old teeth (ones they had recently lost) to in exchange for a gold coin. A few years later, tragedy struck her, first a fire in her house which caused her to not be able to go into any type of light, and then she was hanged. There's a story that goes around the town of Darkness Falls about her, and she's called the Tooth Fairy. The story goes that she can't go in the light, and if you wake up and see her, she'll kill you. The usual saying is "Don't Peek." Well, there is a boy named Kyle who gets a warning from his friend Caitlin to not peek. Well, he wakes up on the night when the Tooth Fairy is supposed to come and get his last tooth and sees her. It all leads to more tragedy and the movie jumps to 12 years later. Now grown up, Caitlin (emma caulfield) calls Kyle (chaney kley) because her little brother Michael (lee cormie) is going through the same things he did as a boy, and wants his help. Kyle goes back to Darkness Falls to face his past, and the woman in the porceline mask (aka the Tooth Fairy)"

I liked this movie because it was creepy and action packed. I really liked the concept that she was afraid and could be hurt by the light. In the movie they use torches and dive under lights to protect themselves. The dark is one of mankinds greatest primal fears so it's great this moive used it.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Doesn't really sound like my kind of thing. How would you rate it, using the :)-system?

Well, I would rate it :) :) :) :) at least!

I know it sounds a little stupid :) But it's really good. For myself, I don't normally like horror movies at all. They just are not my kinda movies. Normally its pycho/monster/alien running around killing people and its so ho-hum I have seen this one billion times before. The fact it had the concept of her being afraid and harmed by any kind of light was good. It was not people getting killed, personally, I thought it was pretty creepy and relied more on tension. About half way though it all kicks off and she is pretty much constantly after them and it's more like terminator where they are constantly being chased by this thing. I was surprised and liked it.

Regards
SillyWabbit

:) :) :) :) ?

Out of 5?!

Really? What kinda film do you consider :) :) :) :) :) then? (Titles please.)

hobitten said:
They are showing it on Danish Television...

Aside, do you think the third series of Riget will ever be made? I'm still waiting for the translation to English of the second series. :mad:

Martin said:
:) :) :) :) ?

Out of 5?!

Really? What kinda film do you consider :) :) :) :) :) then? (Titles please.)

Amelie
Leon
City of Angels
Lord of the Rings
Blade Runner
Gladiator
City of Lost Children
Matrix
Legend
Harry Met Sally
Yojimbo

Ummm, my brain is dead so that's the list for now. I'm sure there are many more though lol Anyway, will give you an idea of my eclectic and strange taste :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Back