• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

movies basesd on Books ?

retro89

I wanted to know if anyone knows of books that are out that are going to be turned into a movie. Also some good books that are good and based on movies? Is Die hard with vengeance any good?

I doubt it. I've read one or two of those 'books based on movies', and I find that it just transcribes what appears on screen, with nothing else added.

The first book that comes to mind is the Silence of the Lambs. Great book and movie. All the other books by Thomas Harris are good. Hannibal Lectar is a great villian.

One book that I'd love to see turned into a movie is Cell by Stephen King.

One book that I'd love to see turned into a movie is Cell by Stephen King.

It's on its way (of course). Eli Roth of Cabin Fever and Hostel fame is set to direct, which should mean that it's going to be wall-to-wall gore. That's probably an improvement, IMO.

It's on its way (of course). Eli Roth of Cabin Fever and Hostel fame is set to direct, which should mean that it's going to be wall-to-wall gore. That's probably an improvement, IMO.

Can't wait for the openning scene. Good to see King getting back to his roots. I read Lisey's Story last year (after starting and topping a few times), and I personally though it dragged. That's one book that'll likely never be a movie. I'm going to read Duma Key at some point, but waiting to see some reviews first.

Actually it isn't a movie but a tv series.. I had fun reading Gossip girls and now new series on tv are being shown of the same title and story. I am sure I will have fun with the series, too. :)

I really like the book The Kite Runner, but i totally didn't come out good when it got transferred to film. For the most part I prefer books over their movie counterparts even though I really like Running with Scissors both on the page and on the screen.

I'm a complete sucker for those murder mystery/crime investigation movies and books. I read a book a few years ago that was incredible. It was about how this one cop that spent twenty years tracking down The Green River Killer, and finally helped catch him with the help of Ted Bundy.

I'm trying to get excited about it coming out as a movie, but I'm just hoping that it doesn't totally get hacked up like the rest of them.

The last Harry Potter books are going to be turned into movies, Half Blood Prince and the Deathly Harrows and the Phillip Pullman Dark Materials trilogy is being turned into the Golden Compass films. Also there's the C.S Lewis Chronicles of Narnia series which i think will all go to fillm, the second book Prince Caspian is out at the movies in April.

Not sure if these fictional fantasy books are really to your taste but i really enjoy them, they release a sort of inner child feel and they are all quite dark and twisted in places.

Anyway hope those of of interest I'm so excited about the films coming out, i just hope they live up to the expectations the books have placed upon them but i suppose there is nothing more powerful then yopur own imagination, so the fillms are bound to be lacking somewhere along the lines. ;-)

I'm a complete sucker for those murder mystery/crime investigation movies and books. I read a book a few years ago that was incredible. It was about how this one cop that spent twenty years tracking down The Green River Killer, and finally helped catch him with the help of Ted Bundy.

I've never read the Green River Killer (is that what the book is called). Is it any good?I usually like to read the books before I seem them as a movie, but I think this is a different instance because its something that happened in real life. I think i'll check it out. I mean what else really am I doing at 8pm on a Sunday night beside dreading going back to work?

I preferred the film versions of Interview with the Vampire and American Psycho over the novels.

To answer your first question, there's a book called How to Lose Friends and Alienate People that was recently adapted to film. It's by Toby Young and is a memoir about his experiences working for a magazine company in New York. The movie stars Simon Pegg, Kirsten Dunst, Jeff Bridges, and Gillian Anderson.

I didn't see it mentioned but Choke by Chuck Palahniuk is being made with Sam Rockwell as the main character. If they do justice for the book it should be a very good dark comedy.

I'm hopeing they will turn 'The House at Riverton' by Kate Morton into a film, it's really good...in the same vein as Gosford Park!

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke will be turned into a movie. The book is great. Second book, Inkspell, is beautiful. The third book, Inkdeath, is out in German only. It should be out in English this autumn.

Short Cuts

As an avid Raymond Carver fan, the movie Short Cuts stands out. Robert Altman directed and does a wonderful job of intertwining the story lines & characters of a number of Carver's short stories into a memorable 3 hour film feast.

In a twist to the thread, on terms of books based on movies, I've just finished the Film Club by David Gilmour, a Canadian writer/film critic which is based on a pact he made with his rebellious teenage son who, in return for being allowed to drop out from school, agrees to sit through 3 movies a week with his father. The book is littered throughout with outlines, quotes & best scene depictions from films from a wide spectrum of taste and worth.

Bart.

My favourite book - 'Virgin Suicides' made a good movie where as one of my favourite films 'Girl Interrupted' is much better than the book. anyone agree?

I've never read the Green River Killer (is that what the book is called). Is it any good?I usually like to read the books before I seem them as a movie, but I think this is a different instance because its something that happened in real life. I think i'll check it out. I mean what else really am I doing at 8pm on a Sunday night beside dreading going back to work?

I want just once for someone to make a movie 100% based on the book. I don't care if its like 7 hours long.

I did get to watch GRK though. Only because I'm kinda a crime scene dork myself. CSI..forget it! I wasn't disappointed at all. I like how LMN put it into two nights I just gotta make sure I'm home by 8 to finish watching it.
Edit/Delete Message

Ok...so I missed the first night of The Green River Killer miniseries....but someone told me that it was really good, so I watched both parts last night. They were so right. I really liked it. Enough to watch for like 4 hours. Did anyone else catch it because I have a few questions about things I didn‘t catch.

Back